WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yep. Based on what I've seen specific "operators" wear the chrono on a nato by default as posted above but if you want any other options it appears the only way to get one of the in game watches right now is to spend $10 to buy the Endowment Defender Pack. All proceeds from said endowment pack go to Call of Duty's Endowment program which, according to their website, "helps veterans find high quality careers by supporting groups that prepare them for the job market and by raising awareness of the value vets bring to the workplace."

You'd $10 will get you the "Old School" below...

Adventure game Games Shooter game Fashion accessory

The watches are a neat touch for any WIS playing the game but I don't really see any brands making big cash as a result; I just think the watch aspect is too small in the game. That is unless this leaked photo is accurate and they do add a full collection to the game...

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Finger Hand Human Nail Fashion accessory

·
Registered
269 Posts
The watches are a neat touch for any WIS playing the game but I don't really see any brands making big cash as a result; I just think the watch aspect is too small in the game. That is unless this leaked photo is accurate and they do add a full collection to the game...
Looking through the menus right now and there is a customization option that lets you pick which watch your character is wearing during matches, so it's likely that this photo is accurate.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Looking through the menus right now and there is a customization option that lets you pick which watch your character is wearing during matches, so it's likely that this photo is accurate.
But do you have any watches that you can select? Because on mine the watch select option is grayed out...

·
Registered
269 Posts
But do you have any watches that you can select? Because on mine the watch select option is grayed out...
Mine is grayed out too. I assume you have to buy them.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ah, ok, mine is the same. The first watch I posted can be bought now (along with a weapon variant and some skins I believe) but I'm hoping the remaining will be challenge or loot based. I don't think we'll be seeing paying actual money for them but rather them being challenge based like weapon camos, calling cards, etc.

Would be neat if Seiko started selling SNK's like hot cakes because of it... Cheapest in-house, auto, field style watch I can name!

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
It's early yet but it would be nice if this did bring a new generation into the hobby. Sometimes all it takes is the right product placement.

·
Registered
997 Posts
It would be smart for some brands to provide Activision their CAD files and get their watches in the game. I wouldn't mind some gratuitous product placement in this case...

I think the new Seiko 5 would be a solid choice given the market

·
Premium Member
Silicone Valley, California
3,767 Posts
Yeah, I'm picturing $3400 for a "slightly loved" speedy reduced.

Full Disclosure - last time I played a FPS I think the title was "Doom". I remember it started in a movie theatre and played fantastic on a '90s laptop with a 486 and no dedicated graphics.

Reactions: LordBrettSinclair

·
Registered
409 Posts
I am afraid that neckbeards will now become the top representatives of watch hobbyism.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Yeah, I'm picturing $3400 for a "slightly loved" speedy reduced.

Full Disclosure - last time I played a FPS I think the title was "Doom". I remember it started in a movie theatre and played fantastic on a '90s laptop with a 486 and no dedicated graphics.
I think that was Duke Nukem 3D that started in a movie theater :)
Classic game!

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Fret not all, your Speedy's will always remain low in value. The majority of gamers are at an age level that cannot afford a swiss watch. Once they leave their parents basements at the age of 30 and get a real job they may have something, but right now, at the age of 11 to 19, the timex ironman is all they can afford or as I call it, the Gshock homage.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Fret not all, your Speedy's will always remain low in value. The majority of gamers are at an age level that cannot afford a swiss watch. Once they leave their parents basements at the age of 30 and get a real job they may have something, but right now, at the age of 11 to 19, the timex ironman is all they can afford or as I call it, the Gshock homage.
lol. Kyle Giersdorf, a 16 year old from the US, just won $3,000,000 winning the Fortnite World Championships. And while that is an outlier, I think this is more a marketing thing than a money thing. Teens don't buy Swiss watches because they don't have any interest in a Swiss watches. I could have quite easily bought a Swiss automatic in my teens with the money I had spent on watches in high school - all Nixon. Why? Because Nixon were marketed to that demographic; the surfers, snowboards, and skateboarders. Let's be honest, a G-Shock is a pretty attainable watch for a teen if they actually wanted one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts