WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was flippin through a recent Playboy mag when i came across an article on some watches that were somewhat cheaper(500 dollar range_) and automatic. I liked the design but cannot for the life of me remember the name of the company. Does anyone have that mag that recalls what im talking about?

·
Registered
440 Posts
While I don't share your interest in that particular magazine, I do believe there are great watches that are below $500 USD and are also automatic. By the by, if I were you, I wouldn't be looking for advice on buying items such as watches from a 'gentlemens' magazine.

Do look into these brands for great values:
Seiko
Hamilton
Orient
ORIS
Tissot

Mido
EPOS

I remember them by using the first letters of each of their names.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If Playboy says it, it has to be right! I bought my Hamilton for around $500 (with some discounts...look for sales!) it has a ETA 7750 automatic movement and I couldn't be happier with it. For that matter I also have an Invicta w/ Japanese automatic movement that works well for a weekend beater watch.

Good Luck!

·
Banned
7 Posts
playboy is so 19 90s

·
Registered
827 Posts
I make a part of my living as a professional editor and writer, and actually Playboy is considered one of the more prestigious magazines wherein one can get published. Many of the most successful fictionists in English have had stories published in Playboy. Their interview section is also very highly regarded, back in the 60s they were able to score a one-on-one with Fidel Castro before any other publication could. Their articles are also generally well written and researched.

Or am I just trying to justify to myself why I buy this magazine every now and then? :-d

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Or am I just trying to justify to myself why I buy this magazine every now and then? :-d
Sounds more like a subscription to me :-d

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
Playboy, a fine literary publication. As other posts stated...excellent articles fiction & non-fiction......some of the photos are an added benefit...especially for those of us into the beauty & arts.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Playboy, a fine literary publication. As other posts stated...excellent articles fiction & non-fiction......some of the photos are an added benefit...especially for those of us into the beauty & arts.
I've done some freelance writing and Playboy really is considered top notch for both fiction and non. I don't read it, of course :-d, but I collect pin up art and have quite a few of the Varga girls from old editions.

Jeannie

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
The Vargas girls.....that's one classy thing Playboy doesn't have anymore.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts