WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this thread existed, I can't find it though? :think:
I'll start it up [again] and if it exists can someone link me?
Anyway, in the book "Clockers" by Richard Price, there's a line:

"He stole a peek at Touhey's watch, a gold, black-faced antique Hamilton electric: midnight."

Any others?

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Clive Cussler's character Dirk Pitt and his Orange-faced Doxa dive watch. :-!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
there are various mentions of Robert Langdom's Mickey Mouse watch in Dan Browns novels: the DaVinci Code, Angels & Demons & The Lost Symbol

·
Registered
154 Posts
farar's response concerning a Breguet in the Count of Monte Cristo reminded me that it is mentioned several times in Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey-Maturin series that Dr. Stephen Maturin owns a Breguet. I was Googling to confirm my memory and ran into the Wikipedia entry for Breguet where a number of fictional references are listed. Probably the most notable of the others were Dr. Lorrain, in War and Peace, and Phileas Fogg, in Around the World in 80 Days.

Pat Clancy

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I also just remembered that in The Bourne Identity Jason Bourne "aquires" a gold Rolex, which he quickly sells & buys a Seiko along with a few other things.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Clive Cussler's character Dirk Pitt and his Orange-faced Doxa dive watch.
I'm gonna throw out that Pitt wore an Omega in The Mediterranean Caper.
James Bond had Rolex Oyster of some type, believed to be an Explorer.
Jonathan Harker had a watch that he wound, every night, before going to bed, and that had a faceplate bright enough to shave in.
George Morton wears a Rolex Submariner in State of Fear.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Another one I just remembered: Patricia Cornwell's character Kay Scarpetta wears a Breitling. Her daughter Lucy also wears one IIRC, but I haven't read a Scarpetta novel for ages.

·
Registered
162 Posts
William Gibson's Tomorrow's Parties, part of his Idoru trilogy, has a watch as a minor character, a 1945 Jaeger-LeCoultre military issue of the Royal Australian airforce. It it worn first by a hitman, and then by a true WIS: a boy who does not speak unless it is about his or other watches:

"You want some miso?"
"Zenith," says the boy. "El Primero. Stainless case. Thirty-one jewels, 3019PHC movement. Heavy stainless bracelet with flip lock. Original screwdown crown. Crown dial and movement signed."
Fontaine stares at him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts