WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else here watch 24? I do but I'm not home to watch it when it's on very often so I record it on the DVR. I was watching the second 2 hour episode of this season and noticed the same watch on two characters. I noticed the terrorist that dropped the suicide bomber off at the train was wearing this watch as well as Curtis before Jack shot him. The watch was large with a Panerai type crown protector. It looked like a rubber strap and the dial was black with white hands and stick markers. Any ideas? It was a great looking watch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone else here watch 24? I do but I'm not home to watch it when it's on very often so I record it on the DVR. I was watching the second 2 hour episode of this season and noticed the same watch on two characters. I noticed the terrorist that dropped the suicide bomber off at the train was wearing this watch as well as Curtis before Jack shot him. The watch was large with a Panerai type crown protector. It looked like a rubber strap and the dial was black with white hands and stick markers. Any ideas? It was a great looking watch.
Yes mate its a great watch and its called the MTM BlackHawk Special Ops watch. Check www.nightgear.co.uk

·
Registered
268 Posts
"24" absolutely the best damn show on TV! :-! Can you tell I am a huge fan?

As far as this season's watches, Jack apparently is not wearing one (yet). The terrorist you mention I do not recall seeing it. With Curtis, I had that episode on DVR and reviewed it a few times, didn't see a good clear shot, but I thought I was seeing a MTM Predator Chrono? It's only a guess, but would kinda make sense since last season Jack was wearing the MTM Patriot.

Jack is back! :)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the MTM sight and I believe it may be one of those predators. I wasn't aware MTM made watches that aren't all black.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I found the MTM sight and I believe it may be one of those predators. I wasn't aware MTM made watches that aren't all black.
Yes, MTM as you saw has non-black watches as well. I studied hard with my DVR trying to pause it on his watch during that scene. That would be my guess as far as I can tell, but hard to confirm without a clear shot. :) It was fun trying though! LOL :-d

As you probably know I think Curtis was wearing a Panerai Luminor in Season 4?

As for the MTM - I am seriously considering getting one, just biding my time! :-!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I originally thought it was a Panerai that Curtis was wearing because of the shape of the case, but now I see that the MTM's have a cushion shaped case as well. I didn't notice his watch in Season 4.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Why don't they have watches in Chineese prisons?
Would be the first season without a watch on Jack.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check out this site, it shows Jack and others: http://www.specialopswatch.com/cart/products.cgi?action=wornby

·
Registered
368 Posts
I also watch 24. Just found this thread :) . Thanks for the info', folks!

Lemme repost what I mentioned in: https://www.watchuseek.com/showpost.php?p=285127&postcount=14

or [Any 24 fans out there? Maybe I'm biased in saying (or maybe not . . . oh, wait, I probably am, since I also own the following watch to be mentioned ), well, coulda' sworn Morris (bald guy, Chloe's ex-husband) was wearing a black rubber band'd Citizen 300M on last night's ep' ("3:00pm-4:00pm"). And, judging by the shine, I'd swear was SS. Anybody else notice?]

Heh, you'd think watch companies'd run ads during 24 due to the whole reatime situation of the series.

02/26/2007 edit -- following viewing of tonight's episode, hmmm, looks less like the aforementioned Citizen. Will keep looking, trying to identify (I know it has a silver-colored casing and strap fastener; the black band looks as though there are more grooved lines as well).

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Morris is wearing a Pirelli P zero watch, not sure exactly which version;-)

I also watch 24. Just found this thread :) . Thanks for the info', folks!

Lemme repost what I mentioned in: https://www.watchuseek.com/showpost.php?p=285127&postcount=14

or [Any 24 fans out there? Maybe I'm biased in saying (or maybe not . . . oh, wait, I probably am, since I also own the following watch to be mentioned ), well, coulda' sworn Morris (bald guy, Chloe's ex-husband) was wearing a black rubber band'd Citizen 300M on last night's ep' ("3:00pm-4:00pm"). And, judging by the shine, I'd swear was SS. Anybody else notice?]

Heh, you'd think watch companies'd run ads during 24 due to the whole reatime situation of the series.

02/26/2007 edit -- following viewing of tonight's episode, hmmm, looks less like the aforementioned Citizen. Will keep looking, trying to identify (I know it has a silver-colored casing and strap fastener; the black band looks as though there are more grooved lines as well).

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Here's a pic of one of the Pirelli's, not necessarily the exact version; his is black strap with black dial, though...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
No problem. Only reason I recognized it is because I had been looking at the watch online a few days before! They look like nice watches, but a bit pricey, IMO:-(

Heh, guess I got the "grooves in the band" part right. Thanks for the clarification cflye!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Jack wore the Kobold in a couple seasons ago. In Season 5, he wore an MTM Hawk watch.

This season he began with no watch, however in last night's episode he changed into a suit and tie at the end of the episode, I did not see him picking up a watch.... anyone notice? :think:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Jack wore the Kobold in a couple seasons ago. In Season 5, he wore an MTM Hawk watch.

This season he began with no watch, however in last night's episode he changed into a suit and tie at the end of the episode, I did not see him picking up a watch.... anyone notice? :think:
Yeah, I noticed that too! :) I made sure to check again in the "next week's preview" . . . I didn't see anything. C'mon, Jack, you put on a nice suit, put on a nice watch, too :-d .

Tangent: anybody notice if the Russians in the show are wearing Russian watches? Or what ARE they wearing? Heck, Rolex might be the brand of choice in new Russia, eh?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
According to everything I have read on other forums and online, initially, Jack wore a replica Rolex. The Kobold Phantom he wore a couple of seasons ago was Sutherland's personal timepiece. Then, he wore the MTM. No watch as yet now, but I also look forward to seeing if he dons one to wear with the suit. Presumably, president Logan will strap something on (they showed him looking at cufflinks this past week).

Damn, "24" is a great show, makes Monday nights more fun than with "Monday Night Football"!:gold

1 - 20 of 33 Posts