WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love a certain kind of watch
Here are some examples.
seiko-lord-marvel-watch-400c.jpg
Seiko Lord Marvel

Oris watch 733 7681 4084.jpg
Oris John Coltrane

Glashutte-Senator-Sixties.jpg
Glashütte Original 60s Senator

What other watches look like these?

·
Premium Member
8,142 Posts
New watches? Vintage watches? Price range?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I love dressy watches too, they're timeless.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm going to assume you're looking for more affordable alternatives otherwise you would just buy the watches you listed and this post would be "Check out my vintage aesthetic watches".

Anyway, lip makes modern watches with a very vintage styling. Stuff like their Himalaya model.

They range about $200 iirc.

·
Registered
14,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm going to assume you're looking for more affordable alternatives otherwise you would just buy the watches you listed and this post would be "Check out my vintage aesthetic watches".

Anyway, lip makes modern watches with a very vintage styling. Stuff like their Himalaya model.

The LIP Himalaya uses a quartz movement though :(
I'm probably going to get the infamous Cocktail Time
SARB065.jpg
probably sometime towards the later part of the year (Going on Vacation in April wooo there goes my $).
the tanking Canadian Dollar isn't helping me very much.

·
Registered
985 Posts
The LIP Himalaya uses a quartz movement though :(
I'm probably going to get the infamous Cocktail Time
View attachment 2708361
probably sometime towards the later part of the year (Going on Vacation in April wooo there goes my $).
the tanking Canadian Dollar isn't helping me very much.
Yeah, quartz but $200 though!

Anyway, the cocktail time is really swanky in the best way. I love the way that thing looks but it's a bit too thick to pull off the vintage wrist feel. Still a great choice.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
+1 for Nivrel. The Stowa Partitio is another option. Junkers and Zeppelin are also quite vintage-y. The Zeppelin Flatline borrows heavily from the GO 60s Senator.

zeppelin_7350-1.jpg

Reactions: imaCoolRobot

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
... Anyway, lip makes modern watches with a very vintage styling. Stuff like their Himalaya model.

Thanks for posting this. Lovely watch with a proper vintage appeal. Must get one of these - 35mm/18mm lugs/Ronda 1069 movement (though not sure if 2 or 6 jewel variant - am assuming 6 for the price unless someone knows different) and lots of case/dial variants. 179 EUR ex shipping from Lip France is too good a deal to miss (no connection with Lip BTW)

·
Premium Member
8,142 Posts
If you can go to the next level in prices past the cocktail time, you could check out Longines current Saint-Imier and Heritage options :

L2.763.4.52.3.jpg
L4.795.4.72.2_main.jpg
conquest_02290_1.jpg

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,122 Posts
Nomos Tangente, Stowa Partitio, Stowa Antea, Dugena Dessau, Junghans Max Bill, Aristo Bauhaus, Zeno Vintage Line to name some.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
These are my two "vintage-like" watches, though the Longines isn't really a dress watch. I quite like the vintage look, but don't quite care for the yellowing of vintage watches.

Attachments

Reactions: imaCoolRobot

·
Registered
14,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's just it! I need more money.
Yeah I like the vintage look but I don't like the oxidized hands and yellowing of the dial.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts