WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have stumbled across 'ArchieLuxury'. Is there anyone here that actually likes the guy? From where I'm standing it seems like he is just giving us Aussies a bad name. Can't help watching his videos though.

Are there any good watch-based channels that you know of? I actually have a channel of my own that was originally gaming-related but I simply don't have the time to spend playing anymore. Under the same name if anyone is at all interested.

Hope the start of the week was at least partially bearable for everyone!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
ArchieLuxury is hilarious! But not to be taken serious. Or at least I hope not. He is like Robin Leach for watches. I enjoy his reviews. But I only watch for entertainment purposes.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
haha I love archie luxury. He's like a tragic snob, kind of a poor loser trying to be a luxury goods snob, but life seems pretty bad for him.

His assessment of watches are okay, but not really the most informed. He bashes the brands that he buys anyway, very hilarious, but he swears too much.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It actually seems to me like the guy has a few psychological issues. I mean smashing the whisky down like he does and the stuff he says...surely.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
On youtube, I like TheProdigalGuide channel's "Talking Hands" reviews of watches. If you're interested in a model they've reviewed then it's a nice 10 minute informative chat about the various features, pros, cons, wearability, value, design features, and complications of a particular watch.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
On youtube, I like TheProdigalGuide channel's "Talking Hands" reviews of watches. If you're interested in a model they've reviewed then it's a nice 10 minute informative chat about the various features, pros, cons, wearability, value, design features, and complications of a particular watch.
I really enjoyed their review of the Nomos Club.

They have nice reviews.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
Archie is amusing. He's also a surprisingly good guy, I've talked to him over e-mail a couple times and he is very nice and helpful when not in front of an audience. He's like a less informed Watch Snob who's more helpful and not anonymous.

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
I LOVE Talking Hands, but they rarely make videos.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
But was that really him? Or someone just pretending to be him?...
Yeah it was him. At the end of a video he made back in January about another watch forum he visited, he mentioned WUS and how we "banned [him] real quick smart."

Sent from my cm_tenderloin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts