WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I don't have the G-Shock Bible...plus it appears from other replies that the Bible only refers to Japan only issues??? I am after some information regarding the Limited Edition? Football watches...real football not that American Rugby for wimps, well they do have all that padding ;-)...that should get some reactions 'ducks' :)

So what watches are there or have there been...pictures please with different colour ways if possible...thanks :-!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
here are three that spring to mind.. i'd say the last one is pretty rare, but the first two are easily attainable.

DW-6900-WCJ-9DR

DW-5600WC-1DR

GW-500WCE-1VER

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
There's a FIFA one in H Samuals here. I think it's a G-300 or similar ana/digi. They have it on offer for about £45, which isn't cheap, but it's not had for a UK shop.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't normally like DW5600's but that white one looks good, might have to see if just the case and strap can be bought and then to find a knackered 5600 to swap about...as although I like the white one the module surround looks a bit tacky to me..IE 'oh where can we stick a logo and what colours shall we put around it ?' sort of way.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to say this is slightly worrying that no more pictures have been posted. The reason for the thread is I have 3 FIFA watches incoming, one I have seen on here before (not posted up so far) and the others I haven't seen before.
I am not trying (as yet) to get a full set of FIFA watches but if I know what to look for then perhaps I will try and complete the set :think:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Some I found on Yahoo Japan.

G300-3

GW-600WCJ-9JR

FRANCE98 FIFA WORLD CUP 3

No pictures: dw-6194-1b, dw-5994-1b, aw-594-1e1 -1994 world cup (very rare)

GW-056WCJ

Sure there's more but about all i could find at the moment :-!

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
That G-300 is the one I've seen in H Samuels.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the G-300 is one that I have on the way, which was the one I had already seen on here before, plus 1 of the France 98 set (going by the pics posted) and 1 of the single France 98 6900's when they arrive I will of course do the obligatory wrist shots.

With the G-300 I have paid nowhere near H Samuels prices, I am pretty sure I did see that one in there a while back. I have to date not been a fan of the ana-digital versions but we will see once it arrives as it may get some wrist time :think:

The wierd thing about all this I am not a Football fan...see what the damned G's have done to me! o|

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
With the G-300 I have paid nowhere near H Samuels prices
H Samuels are very dear. :-( I thought maybe at their sale price it would work out the same as buying from abroad with shipping and possible customs charge. Living in the UK, it's a novelty just to see something like that in a shop.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
H Samuels are very dear. :-( I thought maybe at their sale price it would work out the same as buying from abroad with shipping and possible customs charge. Living in the UK, it's a novelty just to see something like that in a shop.
H Samuels do get the odd watch in that looks ok etc but generally they are way too expensive, the leather cuff G-Shock is half H Samuels price on 'Buy It Now's' on ebay, whilst I do understand that the internet has made for a smaller market place how can these prices in shops be justified? Taking H Samuels as the example, the Citizen Econodrive top of the line watch is if the titanium version £369 ($740) in store with online around £100 ($200) less o|

Many years ago I worked for H Samuels and we would get a lot of Sieko's brought in for repair that we couldn't take in as they were Worldwide warranted so these watches had to be sent to the address given on the paperwork, as we were only allowed to recieve UK designated stock. This is years before the internet so these watches were airport purchases.

I did ask in H Samuels about changing the battery of my Riseman, sure they can do it but at regular battery change prices no testing sealing etc, whats the point of that especially as the seals etc need to be tested, they couldn't even give me an alternate place to get the full testing done...when I worked there I would have been taken to one side by the Manager for 'training' if I couldn't give the correct information to a customer.

Retail in the UK is fast approaching American levels of performance with help. That said whenever I have had cause to contact a US maker/seller etc they have bent over backwards to fix the problem....so what I am talking about is the indifference by in store 'assistants' with regard to the products they sell...If you saw the Movie 'The Chambermaid' with Jennifer Lopez you will understand what I am getting at as I have had this happen more than a few times in US stores, unfortunately the UK is getting this way too.
What I don't like in stores of any kind is the 'Hello can I help you?' as soon as I walk in the door which is really ...'hello I see you so don't steal' this is one US import we don't need here.

Anyhow back to topic the G-300 has arrived but I will wait until the others get here for the pics.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I took a Citizen to H Samuels for a battery change and they said I'd have to come back the next day. I ended up taking it to Watch Hostpital. I haven't found anywhere that do a pressure test without charging extra though. For the Citizen it cost more than the battery change.

I couldn't agree more about shop prices for watches here, and the selection. It's not just G-Shocks either, the choice of Seiko and Citizen are awful too. If I look at Seikos online there's dozens I like, but there's isn't a single one I like in town, and only 3 Citzens (2 which I have).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts