WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I just got back from my honeymoon at Walt Disney World.

Durning my 7 day 6 night stay there, I could not help but to look at the watches that people were wearing.

The only good times that I could get a good look at the watch was when I was either in a line that snaked around or during the times, that I was riding a bus to one of the theme parks.

These are some of the watches that I can confirm:
2 Rolex Submariners
1 Invicta Sumariner 8837
1 Skyhawk A-T - believe in SS. It was bright silver telling me not the TI
1 DW-5600C - the gent sitting next to me on the plane coming home had one on and it it needed a new bezel.
1 Mr Giez while in line to ride Test Track. I could not tell which model it was. It was all one of the all black.
1 Bond Seamaster
1 Orange Monster - on bracelet
1 Black Monster - on bracelet

Of note, there was person in the building that I work in that sports a G-9000. I saw the red buttons and asked if it was a mudman and he said that his sister got it for him for X-mas last year.

I brought with me my GW-9200 on strap adapters with a Casio Hyrid strap and a G2300 with strap adapters and a Casio Hybrid strap.

So I was wondering, what watches have you seen on while on vacation?

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
welcome back buddy !!!

sounds like u have a lot of fun. so, do u carry a notepad and write down wat watch u saw? :-d

oh, i always wanted to know this, did you see any Disney characters wearing watches. ;-)

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Welcome back and congrats! Hope the honeymoon went well. And I also hope your wife didn't mind all that attention you were paying to those watches around you....:-x

Anyway, any pics would be cool! Love HM snaps... :-!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hello All,

I just got back from my honeymoon at Walt Disney World.

I was wondering what watches have you seen on while on vacation?
The two best places for watch-spotting while on vacation in Orlando are at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and at the Villas Of Grand Cypress Golf Resort. |>

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Nice spotting. I hope you saw much more on your honeymoon vacation then other people's wrists. :-d

I have not been on vacation for a while now, so I can report of anything for now.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Interesting info! Living in Hong Kong now, I often "watch-gaze" because people in Hong Kong love their watches. However, most people are into Swiss mechanicals. The most common watches on guys, without a doubt are Panerais nowadays, overtaking the second most popular watch the Rolex Submariners and GMTs...I think you can say literally 4 out of 10 will have one of these two types/brands of watches.

On women, one of the most popular watches are the chanel ceramic watches that come in white...or knock-offs or spin-offs with that look.

This is of course a generalization, as to be fair, in certain areas you just get a ridiulous variety of nice watches from JLCs, APs, IWCs, Glashuttes...

One thing I know though is I might be the only one who sports a Nixon occasionally as they aren't sold here yet.

In general on holidays in Asia (Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, etc.) Rolexes I see the most!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I had plenty of time to enjoy the sites around Walt Disney World. Coming from CA, the one thing that I could not get used to was the humidity. Leave the hotel room and walk about a block and feel like you just got out of the shower again.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hey Yoda,

Darin here...its been awhile =) I still have the GW200 I got from you when we hooked up at Fry's back in January! (remember that?) Still lovin' it, although I'm back to wearing my Swiss mechanicals (for now at least)...Good to see you finally took that honeymoon but then again, I think you were only engaged at that point, no?

-Darin

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Yoda,

Although it's been a long time since my honeymoon, I don't remember spending any time looking at watches.;-) I admire your dedication to our hobby.:-!

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,552 Posts
HA ha Yoda,

I don't make lists like you :-D. On my last vacation I saw a German guy wearing a MRG-130T. That was a very special watch, so I had a little chat with the guy.

I saw at the Rescue 2008 a man with a MIB Riseman, but he was too fast for me to catch...

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yes, I had plenty of time to enjoy the sites around Walt Disney World. Coming from CA, the one thing that I could not get used to was the humidity. Leave the hotel room and walk about a block and feel like you just got out of the shower again.
Yoda, I have lived in Orlando for the past seven years and I will never get used to the humidity here. It is brutal. I bought a new factory-stealthed single-speed Electra earlier this year. I only take the bike out early (7 AM) or late (7 PM), and I only go 14 miles (22 kilometers). By the time I return home, I am completely drenched in sweat.

However, it sure as hell beats shoveling my cars out of snow banks in the morning like I had to do in Upstate New York! ;-)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congrats again, man! ... and yeah, just bought a Risey from one of my Casio dealers here in chinatown for my usual 30% discount no tax cash price =) ... Love it! Did you ever buy a 1500?, I remember you were wearing the 1300 when I saw you..I opted to not buy the 1500 and waited to throw down for the 9200 instead, and boy am I glad I decided to wait! :-!

-Darin

Yes, I was engaged at that time.

Glad you still have the frogman. If you don't have one get a GW9200 you will not regret it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Congrats again, man! ... and yeah, just bought a Risey from one of my Casio dealers here in chinatown for my usual 30% discount no tax cash price =) ... Love it! Did you ever buy a 1500?, I remember you were wearing the 1300 when I saw you..I opted to not buy the 1500 and waited to throw down for the 9200 instead, and boy am I glad I decided to wait! :-!

-Darin

I never did get the 1500. I looked at it while I was a Penny's a couple of times and the watch looked far too big and I was never drawn to the look of the watch.

Since we last chatted, I have gotten a Sammie TI in a trade for my DW8400, a Black Sumo, Riseman and I should be getting a MTG-512 in the mail next week. I decided that I needed a analogue/digital G and it did not hurt that the watch is has a blue face.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts