WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! First post here so hello to you!

Picking up first watch - want something to dress with a suit but with a pinch of brutality in it :)

So I really like the looks of ChrWard C60 Trident Pro 600. But want something with a swiss name on it :). Because everyone will ask what's the name and I want to flash with some swiss name.

Or maby I should not care much and just get this one? I like it much more then Hamilton or Tissot.

Maby Tag has some models in same Price range with same looks?

Luxury-Resources-Portal-Christopherward-Trident-Collection-COSC-600.jpg

·
Registered
880 Posts
well, let's see here.
you want a diver and you want the swiss name... only one watch will get you that, Rolex Submariner.
Tag has the Aquaracer, which looks more similar to Chris Ward then Rolex Sub does but at about 2-3x the price of Chris Ward
but come on, Rolex > Tag, right? ;-) :-d (okay, okay I'm kidding.. no offense to Rolex or Tag fanboys here)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Unless you can afford a Rolex, most won't recognize the name unless it's another common one like Tag. I'd go CW, gets great feedback on this site and a real beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
OP, take a good look at the dial of that Christopher Ward C60, you'll notice that it says 'SWISS MADE' on it. You say you want a watch with a "Swiss name" on it, well you've got a genuine Swiss watch right here. But you seem to have not noticed this because instead you are more concerned with trying to find something that you think will somehow impress other people rather than realising you've got the perfect watch for you right here. Buy what *you* like, not what you think will impress other people, especially when truth be told 99% of people out there won't even notice your watch regardless of the brand written on the dial.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It says Swiss right on the dial.

The Hamilton brand is historically from the USA, not CH. So that's not going to "sound" Swiss.

I think you should stop worrying about what other people think, and buy the CW. (assuming this is a real inquiry at all).

·
Premium Member
4,534 Posts
Flash a "Swiss" name ?? i'll play ..... Swiss Army ...Swiss Ledgend .... SWISSVICTA!!!! ; )

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Get the C.ward. They make excellent watches and it is what you like. I loved mine and the quality was excellent. As far as the name, so what. If they do not know what it is, they are not WIS which means they know next to nothing about watches so their opinion isn't relevant. But, if someone does know what your watch is, they are WIS and you may have some fun having a discussion with them.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Y
Hey guys! First post here so hello to you!

Picking up first watch - want something to dress with a suit but with a pinch of brutality in it :)

So I really like the looks of ChrWard C60 Trident Pro 600. But want something with a swiss name on it :). Because everyone will ask what's the name and I want to flash with some swiss name.

Or maby I should not care much and just get this one? I like it much more then Hamilton or Tissot.

Maby Tag has some models in same Price range with same looks?

View attachment 5541746
You will look at this post a year from now, and say, Oh Boy...

Time is an invention...

·
Banned
844 Posts
You joined in May 2013 and lurked for 29 months before making your first post?!? Strange.

Maybe you could look at Oris. Swiss, well known name, good watches, and have divers in a similar price range.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
the trident is a good watch. just go with that :p. If you're just looking for a Name and a diver around that pricepoint, then maybe Longines Hydroconquest or the Tag Aquaracer. But the Tag around that price point is QUARTZ and not automatic, if that is important to you. The Longines is about the same price and is automatic, but I think isn't nearly as pleasing
L3.695.4.13.6.jpg

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
As others have indirectly said, if you want a watch that will be recognized by non watch enthusiasts, you're going to spend thousands more. Something like a Brietling Super Ocean Heritage would work, but you're up to around $3000 on the grey market.

·
Registered
82 Posts
you must admit..... that takes a lot of self control! :)

You joined in May 2013 and lurked for 29 months before making your first post?!? Strange.

Maybe you could look at Oris. Swiss, well known name, good watches, and have divers in a similar price range.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
As others have indirectly said, if you want a watch that will be recognized by non watch enthusiasts, you're going to spend thousands more. Something like a Brietling Super Ocean Heritage would work, but you're up to around $3000 on the grey market.

This might be my favorite Breitling of all time. In person it looks even better than the picture and the picture looks great

·
Registered
714 Posts
The Longines Hydroconquest is the only thing you can really get in your price range that may accomplish what you are looking for, but honestly 99.9% of people will have never heard of Longines either. You could probably find an older used TAG for around your price range, but it isn't going to be nearly as sharp as that C60. The only thing you can get that will impress a random person is a Rolex, Breitling, or TAG Heuer. You could probably toss Movado in there as well, but you want a sports watch and their musuem face is their recognizable one.

I'll echo what the others have said though: nobody is going to notice your watch anyway. If that's the only reason you are buying the watch, you should just get a 50mm+ Invicta and spend the remaining money on some name brand sunglasses or something like that. I don't say this with malice (as some here will), but I'm telling you the hard truth. When it comes to watches, more people are going to notice a massive Invicta or other similar fashion watch. And more people are going to be impressed with a fashion watch by a brand like Armani Exchange, Diesel, Michael Kors, Burberry, etc. than a mechanical with Swiss movement like Hamilton, Tissot, Longines, Christopher Ward, Steinhart, etc. There's also a 107% chance that more people will notice your new fancy Prada sunglasses than any watch you could ever wear. You could say the same about something like a Louis Vuitton wallet. If you are just trying to get recognized and be flashy, a fine Swiss timepiece is only going to impress people that are probably not in your target audience anyway.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts