WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm just curious about other people's experiences regarding this, but do you have a watch that "cured" your addiction ? Meaning when you bought that watch you said ok, this is the one, I don't need anything else. If yes what is the watch and how did you know ?

I thought I finally found that watch but one day later after purchasing it I was already browsing new watches to buy. I think a DJ41 with smooth bezel will be my one and only watch but there's a long way to go until I'll get one.

·
Premium Member
6,066 Posts
Well, I bought the Batman on jubilee, and have lost the craving to buy any more as I wait for the call for the last one. I mean, I AM going to Vegas in a few weeks so I'll see a bunch and have to wonder how THAT will work out, but still...

It's good to just be like, I'll wait for the call and not have the pull to buy others in the meantime.

Reactions: sy4ce and Tolmia

·
Registered
269 Posts
The Zenith A386 manufacture revival bought in March this year was supposed to be the cure to my addiction and the end to my watch buying for years and years.

And then I read in watchtime magazine an article on the JLC Polaris Mariner. Last Saturday I purchased said watch.

I no longer predict the future !!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm just curious about other people's experiences regarding this, but do you have a watch that "cured" your addiction ? Meaning when you bought that watch you said ok, this is the one, I don't need anything else. If yes what is the watch and how did you know ?

I thought I finally found that watch but one day later after purchasing it I was already browsing new watches to buy. I think a DJ41 with smooth bezel will be my one and only watch but there's a long way to go until I'll get one.
This pretty much sums up my life. Just one more, just one more...it never ends

#cantstopwontstop

·
Premium Member
11,056 Posts
Stopped for nearly 7 years once I bought this Sinn 757UTC
Watch Analog watch Photograph Clock Font

then it went into the spa for 10 weeks for its maintenance and I fell off the wagon…..

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thought it cured me when I got my first G shock, considering my lifestyle but things change and tastes change and now, after around a year into watches, I got 10. Sure, affordables, but.. 10. So, sorry. I don't think it will ever happen.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I don't have a particular watch that cured me in exactly the sense that I think the OP means. I do, however, enjoy my watch collection a lot more after letting go of the idea that every watch has to be expensive/desirable/must-have or complement other watches I have.
The brand that helped me to let go was Seiko. My current "collection", for lack of a better term, consists of some pricey watches, some cheap and some in between. And I love all of them. I don't think I have flipped a single one after I stopped worrying so much about all manner of things except what I think myself.
My next incoming watch is a G-Shock, by the way :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Oh you have no idea just how much I want to find that one watch. Unfortunately, I don't think I ever will.

Reactions: PAMily Man

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
After I bought my Pelagos I ended up selling most of my collection as they were not getting any wrist time. The only other piece I have at the moment is my beloved Stowa Marine Original Bronze Vintage. I'm pretty happy with these two ... for now

·
Registered
11,590 Posts
Collected n flipped from early 1990's to 2009 when I bought the newly released Rolex DSSD -
it stopped the itch for about 7years - then one day I put it in a drawer, started wearing a Seiko Turtle flipped the Rolex and passion re-ignited -

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
The vast majority of my watch-wearing is centered around the following (in no particular order):

Black 41mm Aqua Terra
Black Seamaster Professional 300m
Black/blue Oris Aquis
Black SuperOcean 42 (most recent purchase)
Black Damasko DA-46 (with blue seconds hand)

I'm thinking there may be an opening for a white-dialed watch in there at some point, but I like dark, diver-style watches. The AT is casual enough for everyday use, but also is used when I want to dress a little better than in my usual "comfortable" style. I can't complain about the ones I've got.

So cured? Probably not. But the urge sure is significantly less than it used to be.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Not one watch but I pretty much only wear my bb58, sinn 556a and beat up Seiko 7002. I may sell everything else off except for a couple sentimental pieces.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts