WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have run across many watches that vibrate an alarm or I believe on the hour. One unusual watch in this class is the Tissot Touch Silen-T. This has a raised bezel with raised points on the hour. To check the time without "looking" you run your finger over the bezel. It will give a long buzz when your finger passes over the hour and two short buzzes when it over the closest minute. So 11:40 would create a sustained vibration over the 11 and two short vibrations over the 8.

I think this watch piece is fantastic, however, I would prefer a smaller size than the 39.2mm. I have written to Tissot and they are considering it.

My questions to the forum.

Has anyone had any experience with this watch? I have read from some users that this watch is a pain to set. I walked away with the impression that the headache in setting it may hamper its usefulness.

The second question, is anyone aware of a watch with similiar functionality? Perhaps easier to use? I am not blind, but find this to be a clever solution to low light situations, more appealing to me than tritium or luminous paint.

Finally, if this is the wrong forum for this post, I apologize and ask for your direction to the correct place.

Thanks so much!

·
Banned
5,606 Posts
the only thing that sort of comes close to that would be a minute repeater. My Citizen Signature Collection Grand Complication BZ000-50A has a minute repeater function. When you press the button, the watch gives an audible series of chimes to indicate the hour and minutes without having to look at the dial.

www.citizen-signature.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the only thing that sort of comes close to that would be a minute repeater. My Citizen Signature Collection Grand Complication BZ000-50A has a minute repeater function. When you press the button, the watch gives an audible series of chimes to indicate the hour and minutes without having to look at the dial.

www.citizen-signature.com
A very neat watch, but still bigger than what I would be comfortable wearing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
111 Posts
Didn't Casio make a vibrating alarm, believe it was called the "silencer"??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts