WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

I am looking for watches with as many as possible round indications, like tachymeter, etc

as you can see in this watch, there are about 3-4 rounds of indications (converters probably)

also, as many as possible indications like those small circles inside the dial, chronometer, etc

can you find any?

thanks

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
So you are looking for "complications" along with extra info on the bezel and the dial to give you as much information as possible.

Many manufacturers offer complicated watches, most of them targeted at pilots or motorsport oriented pieces. They usually also have a "chronograph" which is basically a stopwatch within watch itself. Perhaps that's what you meant by "chronometer"?

To ultimately get every complication known, you probably have to go quartz, digital or an analogue/digital combination. Otherwise, there will always be some sort of compromise. And I hope you have some good eyesight if you want a mechanical watch with all the bells and whistles. :)

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I think Cronos, the OP, means complications.
(And a Chronograph is one of them, but he wrote chronometer)

This one has:
Time
Moon phase
Day
Month
Date

This one has
Time
Power reserve
Moon phase
Day/Night indicator

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
If you agree to pay for the first servicing, I'll give you $150 for that in two $75 installments. We can negotiate pillow ownership via PM if you're interested.

Reactions: Janne

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
I believe Breitling Navitimer line is one of most complicated dial layout there is, AMONG them, montbrilliant olympus annual calendar model probably has most complex subdial layout to boot:
(Image borrowed from JizJizJiz on rolex Forum):

It has moonphase complication as well.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,006 Posts
I don't have a pic, but what about one of those Citizen Campanola's?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks! keep 'em posted!

I also found this one, it looks very comlicated, but I know nothing about their quality:
Astroavia

·
Registered
20,564 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I normally like complications, but just about want to hurl at the site of the Muller in this thread. To each his own, but I just don't see the appeal.

I can see it now- "what's the time?"......."Er, Uh- well about...uh 10ish- Yes that's it 10ish"

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I normally like complications, but just about want to hurl at the site of the Muller in this thread. To each his own, but I just don't see the appeal.

I can see it now- "what's the time?"......."Er, Uh- well about...uh 10ish- Yes that's it 10ish"
indeed, that Franck Muller is complicated AND impractical
however, there are many examples where the one does not mean the other

1 - 20 of 24 Posts