WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any watches with only Mandarin/Catonese text on dials?

Most of the time I see Mandarin/Catonese text with Latin script transliteration. Case in point, 19/21 Zuan and Zhong Guo in Sea gull 1963 watches, or some models of Shanghai watches

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,213 Posts
The obvious choices in current production would be these

·
Registered
958 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Does anybody knows something more about that VagerHauers brand? They have beautiful dials with chinese letters...

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does anybody knows something more about that VagerHauers brand? They have beautiful dials with chinese letters...

I've had this Vager Hauers traditional 12 Shi-Chen watch ("gold case black dial" version) for a little over one year and have been very happy with it:

IMG_7054CrpAdjCMP2.JPG

Here's how it arrived in its wooden presentation box:

IMG_7058CMP2.JPG

And here's the explanation that came with it of its traditional Chinese 12 Shi-Chen Chinese "24hr" subdial:

P1140073-cmp2.JPG

I bought it here: http://https://www.good-stuffs.com/All-Chinese-characters-traditional-12-Shi-Chen-watch-by-Vager-Hauers_p_317.html Their webpage for the watch does an excellent job of describing the watch in detail, including the 12 Shi-Chen subdial, as well as the watch's various dial and case color options.

My only wish is that the the Shi-Chen subdial could be separately settable to display the time in a time zone different from the time displayed in the main dial, so that the watch could effectively have the functionality of a GMT 2nd Time Zone watch. Unfortunately however, that is not possible - the Shi-Chen subdial can only display the Shi-Chen time for the time displayed by the main dial.

·
Registered
9 Posts
oooh. I have been eyeing those for a while. They look great. I never could find any information on the brand though. They have their own website. Unfortunately, there is no English though. I'd put a link but I'm new here and it won't let me:).

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh boy! These choices have now inflamed my desire to get a few of these.

Keep them coming. Quite...alluring designs. Even quartz are also welcome.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My mind is going to

I can't see the emojis but I assume either it is drooling or going nuts :-d

The ones I posted in my previous post are about 204 USD, unless they're available for cheaper prices elsewhere.

Speaking of which, does anybody see quartz watches preferably bi compax chronographs with only Mandarin/Catonese? I tried to look around in jd and taobao but failed miserably. o|

·
Registered
674 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts