WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come across a few watches with what I'd call unusual complications. Most recently one with a larger than normal main spring. It got me wondering, what happens if the movement fails?
Are out of the norm movements crazy expensive to maintain? Or should a competent watch maker be able to do something to fix them in case of something going wrong?

And I mean without donating an arm or leg.

Mike

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I had a timepiece with a 7751 movement for awhile, it was a pain in the rear end to set...so i went back to the standard 7750 movements... I can barely see the day?date complications anymore without my reading glasses... who needs a moon phase, I just open the back door and look up :0)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a timepiece with a 7751 movement for awhile, it was a pain in the rear end to set...so i went back to the standard 7750 movements... I can barely see the day?date complications anymore without my reading glasses... who needs a moon phase, I just open the back door and look up :0)
Yeah, that a whole other thing, setting the watch :) I'm more curious about getting it serviced fixed...

Regards,

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts