WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I went to Watches&Wonders today and took some photos of some nice timepieces so I thought I would create a photo thread for it. If any of you are also in Hong Kong this week for the event, I would love to see your photos as well. I hope you will enjoy my photos. More will come as I plan on going back to the event this next few days.

The Roger Dubuis Excalibur Spider Skeleton Flying Tourbillon with gem-set rubber bezel ref. RDDBEX0480 with the Hand-wound RD505SQ caliber movement. Limited to 88 pieces.
W&W-2846.jpg

The Roger Dubuis Excalibur Spider Pocket Time Instrument with the RD101 Manufacture Movement. It is made of a 60mm titanium case with 590 components hand-made in the Roger Dubuis Ateliers, 113 jewels and contains 4 balance wheels. Limited to only 28 pieces, the price tag is $468,500!
W&W-2841.jpg

The beautiful IWC Portugieser Annual Calendar ref. 503502 (Midnight Blue). It features the automatic winding IWC-manufactured 52850 calibre movement, 7-day power reserve and a 44mm case. Price tag for this watch is $24,100.
W&W-2862.jpg

The Jaeger-LeCoultre Joaillerie Rivière 101 Reine in 18-carat white gold with 110 diamonds - 11 carats. It features the mechanical manually-wound movement Jaeger-LeCoultre caliber 101/4, one of the smallest mechanical movement in the world.
W&W-2863.jpg

Here you have the notorious Richard Mille Tourbillon RM 27-02 Rafael Nadal. The case is made of NTPT carbon and TPT quartz, a material co-developed by Richard Mille and North Thin Ply Technology. The movement is a manually wound caliber with one-minute tourbillon weighing 3.35g! The whole watch weighs only 18 grams with rubber strap, the reason why Nadal agreed to wear it during his tennis matches. Limited to 50 pieces with a price tag of 777,000 euros (with taxes).
W&W-2871.jpg

That's all for now!

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Thank you very much for the writeup and nice pictures. Looking forward to the next installment!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Yeah thanks alot!! More pics please..

And tell me how does a 100k+ watch wear like?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi all,

Here is part 2 of my photos from Watches&Wonders 2015 in Hong Kong.

Free pastries in the morning! Always helps to start the day.
W&W-2893.jpg

And now the watches!

The Montblanc Heritage Spirit Orbis Terrarum. A 41mm stainless steel case with the automatic movement MB29.20. The price is HK$40,400 or 4,990 euros.
W&W-2942.jpg

Montblanc Heritage Spirit Perpetual Calendar Sapphire in 18k red gold. 39mm case woth the automatic movement MB 29.15. Retail price is HK$161,200 or around 18,587 euros.
W&W-2943.jpg

The 2 of them together.
W&W-2946.jpg

The A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Anniversary of F.A. Lange in Honey Gold. The watch is a limited edition of 200 pieces, features a 40mm was woth the manually wound caliber L051.1, and retails for US$33,500.

W&W-2956.jpg

The Piaget Emperador Coussin Minute Repeater in a 46mm case.
W&W-2953.jpg

The Baume et Mercier Clifton ref.10205. A 43mm case with an automatic movement featuring big date and a 40h power reserve. Price tag is HK$30,300.
W&W-2961.jpg

Baume et Mercier Clifton Complete Calendar ref. 10213 featuring a self-winding Dubois Dépraz 9000 movement. 43mm case woth sapphire crystal case back. Retail price is HKD37,000 or around 4,264 euros.
W&W-2963.jpg

The Roger Dubuis Excalibur Star of Infinity. 45mm case in white gold fully paved with baguette-cut diamonds. It features the hand-wound RD01SQ caliber. Limited edition of 8 pieces.
W&W-2899.jpg

Richard Mille RM 26-02 Tourbillon Evil Eye. The dial is made of red gold and the flames and eye have been hand-carved using chisels. The art of grand feu enameling is what gives the eye its depth and realism. Limited to 25 pieces, the retail price is HKD4,614,000 or 532,349 euros.
W&W-2932.jpg

And my own trusty Omega Speedmaster hanging out at the champagne bar.
W&W-2970.jpg

I also managed to find and meet Jack Forster, managing editor of Hodinkee. Really nice guy!
W&W-2971.jpg

That's all for today! Hope you guys enjoyed these photos!

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Thank you again for this. Question: how would you describe the hue of the ALS honey gold? The pic is a little too dark and I am wondering how different it is from regular yellow gold (I obviously know it is lighter than yg, but was wondering how much).

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
** Watches&Wonders 2015 in Hong Kong **

Thank you again for this. Question: how would you describe the hue of the ALS honey gold? The pic is a little too dark and I am wondering how different it is from regular yellow gold (I obviously know it is lighter than yg, but was wondering how much).
It's hard to describe. It's a very subtle color, more like an orange type of color. It's really beautiful when you see it.
You directly see the difference with yellow gold but it's not a striking one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts