WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Isn't anyone curious what Dukes, Princes and Kings around the world are wearing? I know I am!

If you have any information on the watches worn by a notorious nobleman, saudi prince or royal post here!

Okay, I'll start: Prince William wears an Omega Seamaster Professional!

As for Prince Harry he wears a Rolex Explorer II.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Vice President Joe Biden also wears an SMP quartz. President Obama used to wear a Tag Heuer, but now wears some Jorg Gray chrono with secret service markings on it.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,624 Posts
And the ever popular royal in the USA Bill "sax" Clinton made the Timex Ironman a sought after watch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Prince Charles also favors Breguet (a la Louis XVI, Napoleon Bonaparte, Tsar Alexander the first, etc. etc.)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Charlene Wittstock, Princess of Monaco, wearing a Bvlgari Serpenti Watch
bulgari_charlene-wittstock_getty-3c132.jpg

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
The only one I know about is the aforementioned Prince William.

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
prince harry wears a rolex explorer II and g-shock (at least from pics posted on the net)
prince william wears an omega SMP (at least from pics posted on the net)
Queen Elizabeth has tons... but this one has always intrigued me. The JLC 101, quote from JLC: "Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 101 holds the world record of the smallest mechanical movement, consisting of 98 tiny parts totalling barely one gram."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
prince harry wears a rolex explorer II and g-shock (at least from pics posted on the net)
prince william wears an omega SMP (at least from pics posted on the net)
Queen Elizabeth has tons... but this one has always intrigued me. The JLC 101, quote from JLC: "Jaeger-LeCoultre Calibre 101 holds the world record of the smallest mechanical movement, consisting of 98 tiny parts totalling barely one gram."
William only has one which is a Mid sized quartz SMP he has been quoted as saying he hates jewellery in response to wearing a wedding ring.

His watch was a gift from his mother which is why he wears it.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I agree about the derailment but I would like to point out this isn't true about ALL the US based members on this thread. By my count, at least six stayed on topic.

And your on-topic contribution?
The Swedish King, Carl XVI Gustav, wears a Swedish wach, Sjoo Sandstrom.

I never said ALL.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
For obvious reasons, I can not write any names:

A Swedish Friherre wears an 18K Rolex Submariner.
A Norwegian Lensbaron wears a 18K Rolex Cellini, his wife has a great collection of "18K + bling" Cartiers, one LE Omega.
An Austrian/Hungarian/Czech Count wears several watches ( not at the same time!) amongst them Omega, JLC, Baume Mercier and several lesser brands

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Janne, no disrespect intended with my MJ post. It's just that after Queen E, the Duke of Edinburgh, Harry and William, I run out of royals to Google. Suffice it to say, none of those folks are trolling the WUS Sales board looking for a cheap Sub homage.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Janne, no disrespect intended with my MJ post. It's just that after Queen E, the Duke of Edinburgh, Harry and William, I run out of royals to Google. Suffice it to say, none of those folks are trolling the WUS Sales board looking for a cheap Sub homage.

You run out of Royals? Lots out there!

Some counties that still retain Royalty:
Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Spain, Marocco, Luxemburg, Monaco, Lichtenstein,
Many more still have Aristocratic families.

MJ does not even make it on my list of "People with Taste". Awesome musician, though!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.