WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I really don't know that I should be encouraging you...but ok let's see how strong your willpower is...

You've already gone Seiko, how about taking a look at the other side with Citizen?

This one has a sparkly dial but it's not real diamonds, just Swarovski crystals, solar-powered though, but no sapphire crystal: http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Women...l&ie=UTF8&qid=1423036743&sr=1-4&keywords=pink

This one IS real diamonds, solar-powered again, again just mineral though: Amazon.com: Citizen Women's EW0890-58X Eco-Drive Riva Diamond Accented Stainless Steel Watch: Citizen: Clothing

Dunno if they'd be up your street or not...

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
Buddy, you're taking this all too hard, man. I do appreciate your feedback. I'm glad to have your opinion and will definitely think twice when/if I start a thread. I was completely sincere in my post and response to you. My comment to the other guy's post was supposed to be jokey, as is my use of 3rd person. I really do not want to go back and forth about this as it is so minor. I sense you feel strongly and I apologize if it upset you when I wrote I shrugged it off. I wish you would do the same. In the past I have posted on other forums and when arguments occur over seemingly inconsequential things and posts are taken as personal insults and we start having to defend ourselves, I bow out. I really am enjoying my new hobby and posting here so I am asking you to understand my irreverent attempts at humor. I used 3rd person only in my thread titles, not in my posts, so is it really so awful? Do you remember the Seinfeld episode with the guy named Jimmy who referred to himself in the 3rd person and how it confused Elaine? It was FUNNY. I meant to be funny, I said I would use "4th person" - is not that an obvious joke? I DO appreciate your compliments. I am really bummed out that our convo has taken this turn. I'm not sure what you want me to say. Please, no hard feelings. I just want to talk about my watches, read about and see others,' and have some fun. 'K?
Sure. I have no beef with you. As I said, I am happy there is one more person with a passion for watches in here: that is the #1 "requirement" for having fun in here and an asset to the community. I wish you nothing but the best experience in here and I am sure everyone here will be helpful in growing your passion for this hobby. It is extremely addictive!

So, all the best, Watchette, hope to see you very active in the forums!

Reactions: Watchette

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Welcome to WatchUSeek and the Wonderful World of Watches, Watchette.

Bo thinks you'd have a larger choice of watches if you had "Man Hands". But what does Bo know, he's a "Close Talker". ;-)
LOL LOL (literally!)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Piggybacking on seiko and citizen, you should also check out some of the orients. The "once in a blue moon" sticks out to me.

Orient ladies' Watch - Once in a Blue Moon DB0A009D | Yeoman's Watch Review
View attachment 2849578
G-g-g-gorgeous! All of them. I'm going to have to put some real actual effort into figuring what I want, need, and can afford. I'm reminded of hanging out with the kids who could be a bad influence, introducing me to stuff my goody two shoes upbringing kept hidden... Watches from the orient?!? I have to let that settle in and rearrange some thinking to accommodate this new world. Thanks, I'm going to go see more about those.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I really don't know that I should be encouraging you...but ok let's see how strong your willpower is...

You've already gone Seiko, how about taking a look at the other side with Citizen?

This one has a sparkly dial but it's not real diamonds, just Swarovski crystals, solar-powered though, but no sapphire crystal: http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Women...l&ie=UTF8&qid=1423036743&sr=1-4&keywords=pink

This one IS real diamonds, solar-powered again, again just mineral though: Amazon.com: Citizen Women's EW0890-58X Eco-Drive Riva Diamond Accented Stainless Steel Watch: Citizen: Clothing

Dunno if they'd be up your street or not...
The first one, the rose tone was already on my wish list. The other one is very similar to my new Seiko (pictures when I get a few minutes).

Don't have a solar or automatic. Yet. Have to leave something to look forward to, right.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
The first one, the rose tone was already on my wish list. The other one is very similar to my new Seiko (pictures when I get a few minutes).
Well great minds think alike, as they say... :-d

my first automatic was an Orient, and imho it's a solid place to start with automatics.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.