WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

Registered
That's great news! The wait is more bearable when you forget about your order 馃槄 but now that I see En_Nissen and Sleepysmith7's orders starting to go through, I'm hitting the email refresh button more often.

Registered
That's great news! The wait is more bearable when you forget about your order 馃槄 but now that I see En_Nissen and Sleepysmith7's orders starting to go through, I'm hitting the email refresh button more often.
Haha yeah, the wait gets harder the closer one gets to getting the watch. I bet the last few weeks will be pure torment. :LOL:

Registered
Reactions: En_Nissen

Registered
Great to see people getting watches in a 'reasonable' time period (in the context of this brand). I wonder how COVID is impacting production (small workshop, lockdowns, etc.), and if they are expanding their business (even adding 1-2 additional staff could dramatically increase production, but not hurt quality).

Funny enough I ordered a small, hand-built tube amp and it finally arrives next week...6.5 months after I ordered it. The anticipation is killing me!

Registered
Funny enough I ordered a small, hand-built tube amp and it finally arrives next week...6.5 months after I ordered it. The anticipation is killing me!
What did you order? When I was in a band 10 years ago I played Dr. Z and 65amps (along with the usual Marshall, Hiwatt, etc.)

Reactions: Joshua G

Registered
What did you order? When I was in a band 10 years ago I played Dr. Z and 65amps (along with the usual Marshall, Hiwatt, etc.)
A Decware SE84UFO2 - a whopping 2.3 watts per channel of pure audiophile bliss built in Peoria, Illinois. I mention it not to get off-topic, but like Dornblueth it is a 'victim' of its own success between the pandemic increasing demand AND positive press generating a lot of interest (audio gear and watches) causing something that used to be fairly easy to get to become difficult or just a long wait time.

Registered
A Decware SE84UFO2 - a whopping 2.3 watts per channel of pure audiophile bliss built in Peoria, Illinois. I mention it not to get off-topic, but like Dornblueth it is a 'victim' of its own success between the pandemic increasing demand AND positive press generating a lot of interest (audio gear and watches) causing something that used to be fairly easy to get to become difficult or just a long wait time.
Ahhh...not sure why I assumed you meant a tube guitar amp. I also love tubes for audiophile gear. My main kit has a Rogue Audio Tempest integrated all-tube amp. Love the tube sound!

Registered
Seeing the new moonphase model makes me wonder if the same would appear for their Q2010 movement. Anyone else wishes to see this?

Registered
Ok gents, I received an email from Jana requesting I finalize / approve my movement engraving and noticed my 99.2 is No. 329 so I'm right behind @Sleepysmith7 ... can't get any closer in the 99.2 queue. 馃槅

Premium Member
Thinking of putting an order in for 99.2 with the green ceramic semi-translucent dial. Can't wait to see the pics when you guys get yours!
So I received my direct quote nearly $2500 more than I anticipated Watchbuys has the 99.2M listed at $6600. I thought it might be a little cheaper ordering direct.

Qoute came back around $8900. Lead time 12 months. Around $6.5k I was [email protected] $9k it changes the value proposition significantly.

Registered
So I received my direct quote nearly $2500 more than I anticipated Watchbuys has the 99.2M listed at $6600. I thought it might be a little cheaper ordering direct.

Qoute came back around $8900. Lead time 12 months. Around $6.5k I was [email protected] $9k it changes the value proposition significantly.
The ceramic dial option is quite a bit more than the standard brass dial and I believe colors besides white and black are also an additional cost. If you鈥檙e going with an engraved vs printed dial, that will also cost more. If you go with just the 鈥榮tandard鈥 silver or black brass dial, I believe it will cost less than WatchBuys but don鈥檛 forget about import duties if you鈥檙e buying direct from Dornbl眉th.

Premium Member
The ceramic dial option is quite a bit more than the standard brass dial and I believe colors besides white and black are also an additional cost. If you鈥檙e going with an engraved vs printed dial, that will also cost more. If you go with just the 鈥榮tandard鈥 silver or black brass dial, I believe it will cost less than WatchBuys but don鈥檛 forget about import duties if you鈥檙e buying direct from Dornbl眉th.
All good points! I'm not complaining about the price, just commenting/updating on my personal value prop internal debate. 馃檪

I've asked about the 99.1M in Green also.

Registered
@En_Nissen, you're going with the polished white ceramic dial and engraved numerals, correct? Have you settled on a color for the dial engraving? Black? Blue? Blue-black?

Registered
@En_Nissen, you're going with the polished white ceramic dial and engraved numerals, correct? Have you settled on a color for the dial engraving? Black? Blue? Blue-black?
That is right!

I was quite uncertain which colours go get the engravings with, so I chose blue-black.
Blue for the numerals, and black for the markers and text.

Registered
And I can chime in and say I was contacted last week about the very same thing! Just forgot to update here. Mine is #730 of the 99.1 caliber.

Likewise extremely excited about getting closer to receiving the watch! And right on schedule too it would seem. Was given a 6-8 months time frame, and Tuesday next week six months will have passed since my order confirmation.
Hey, any news about your watch?

81 - 100 of 118 Posts