WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else heard of this or perhaps signed up for it? It's a monthly watch box type thing. Pay monthly, receive a watch. Believe if you do it monthly it's like $29, if you pay ahead you receive money off each month. Just signed up for 3 months to give it a try.

Talked with owner a bit and he said a couple brands are Seiko, Bulova, Oris, Hamilton, Nixon and Citizen. Also one person has a chance to receive a Rolex each month.

Anyone going to try it with me?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Sounds too good to be true.

I'd worry that 99% of the boxes contain Curren and Geneva. If so, the subscription won't last very long.

(I want to believe, but...)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
No thanks. Sounds like an affordable version of Eleven James. Same reason I don't like that idea for pricy watches, applies to affordables.
Not crazy about concept of watch rental. I want it to be mine. Don't want other peoples DNA and skin flakes on it. Don't understand how servicing is handled. Not crazy about idea of damage or mechanical issues while in my possession.
$29 per month is like $350 per year - I'd rather buy a few watches for that money and keep them to myself.

Reactions: rhj and Hornet99

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
No thanks. Sounds like an affordable version of Eleven James. Same reason I don't like that idea for pricy watches, applies to affordables.
Not crazy about concept of watch rental. I want it to be mine. Don't want other peoples DNA and skin flakes on it. Don't understand how servicing is handled. Not crazy about idea of damage or mechanical issues while in my possession.
$29 per month is like $350 per year - I'd rather buy a few watches for that money and keep them to myself.
The thing is, it's not a rental. All the watches you get are yours to keep. Haven't really seen something like this so I jumped on board. I'm just as skeptical as everyone, lol.

Only reason I really did it was because it's interesting, might open my eyes to something other than dive watches, and it's cheap. Also another reason why I posted in here.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
The thing is, it's not a rental. All the watches you get are yours to keep. Haven't really seen something like this so I jumped on board. I'm just as skeptical as everyone, lol.

Only reason I really did it was because it's interesting, might open my eyes to something other than dive watches, and it's cheap. Also another reason why I posted in here.

Wait, are you saying it's not a rental, but an actual new watch for $29 each month?
That raises all sorts of alarms in my head. If it sounds too good to be true...

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Reminds of the old 1970's "Columbia Music Club" (and variations) where for only $3.99 per month YOU (YES, YOU!) can receive these amazing records right to your door! Hmm... and when you don't get the good ones, it costs more to return them then it did to join, and then they make it hard to quit, so by the end of the year you have paid full price for music that you would have ignored in the cut-out bin at the local dime-store.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Wait, are you saying it's not a rental, but an actual new watch for $29 each month?
That raises all sorts of alarms in my head. If it sounds too good to be true...
Yes that's what I'm saying. No doubt that there will be watches that are cheaper then the $29, or else how could they make money. It all sounds good in theory. It does sound to good to be true, but I'll give it a go. Maybe I'm just a sucker. Ha!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reminds of the old 1970's "Columbia Music Club" (and variations) where for only $3.99 per month YOU (YES, YOU!) can receive these amazing records right to your door! Hmm... and when you don't get the good ones, it costs more to return them then it did to join, and then they make it hard to quit, so by the end of the year you have paid full price for music that you would have ignored in the cut-out bin at the local dime-store.
Lmao.

·
Registered
399 Posts
It is not a bad idea as long as the expectations are realistic. There are plenty of nice watches like timex, seiko 5, casio in the $50 range. I really doubt they would get enough subscribers to offset the cost of the rolex they give to one lucky person though. This can only be successful if they get a huge subscriber base.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is not a bad idea as long as the expectations are realistic. There are plenty of nice watches like timex, seiko 5, casio in the $50 range. I really doubt they would get enough subscribers to offset the cost of the rolex they give to one lucky person though. This can only be successful if they get a huge subscriber base.
Agreed. Not expecting a GS here or anything. Owner said they just started in Sep. this year and had an overwhelming amount of subs. Only time will tell if it works tbh.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
i might be jumpin on the boat with ya, still mulling it over in my head. figure i can flip the watch for 20-30 and offset the cost

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i might be jumpin on the boat with ya, still mulling it over in my head. figure i can flip the watch for 20-30 and offset the cost
Pretty much what I was thinking. Only did the 3 month thing to try it out. Brought it to like $26 a month or something like that. He has a FB page if you want to look more.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And they have a referral program where you get a month free if 2 people sign up.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
im just thinkin, if i happen to be lucky enough to snag one of those rolexes, and its legit, SCORE! id flip it so quick my wrist would be on fire, and go buy a Tudor Pelagos, and maybe a black bay blue

1 - 20 of 318 Posts