WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to double-check something. Had a WatchGecko rubber strap not fit on my Vostok due to clearance issues between the springbar and case. Emailed their support "[email protected]" and got a sketchy looking email from a "use1-1.xsell.co" domain name. It has a return address for the United States in Tualatin, OR.

Checking the address shows it belongs to Shipito forwarding service.

Can anyone who's returned something to them from the US confirm if this is legit?

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
All my email correspondence with them use that domain. I think they're using some third party customer service platform that uses that sketchy domain, but the responses come legit from WG employees.

I've not returned an item so I've no comment on the return address.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The strap in question was a Zuludiver PU Z Type, 22mm.

As for quality, I'll compare it to what I have otherwise. I've previously bought the Zuludiver Tropical Rubber from them, which is a NBR rubber. I also have the ill-sized silicone tropic style that came with the Vostok that started all of this.

The polyurethane is unscented, unlike the grapefruit candy scent of the NBR strap. The PU is a little stiffer than the other materials, but still soft enough. NBR was in the middle, silicone was super soft in comparison to the others. Also, length was long. I would have had about 2" past the buckle on a 7" wrist. Would have fit over a wetsuit just fine, not that I dive though. The tropic strap only has two or three extra holes when I wear it.

The Z vents didn't give as much as I'd hoped, which is odd considering the original intention was to allow one to tighten the heck out of the strap above the water so as one's wetsuit compresses with depth, the watch stayed firmly in place. There was some flex, but not much.

The reason for the return was I couldn't get the strap to seat on my Vostok regardless of springbar and method used. The end of the strap (between the springbar and the vertical side of the case nearest the movement inside) was simply too thick. I'd imagine it would be fine for 95% of the watches on the market, but just not a Vostok 710 case.

If it had fit the watch case, I'd likely be happily wearing it. If the return is successful, I'll likely order from them again and just ask for some very specific measurements next time.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After the package arrived on the 26th, I finally caved and sent an email on the 31st (Thursday) asking what the status was. This morning (Monday the 4th), I got an email saying the return process was started and to allow a few days for the refund to go through.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And on the 11th, the full amount (including the international transaction fee) was credited back to my account.

The whole thing took its sweet time, but I can't complain about the results. A problem free international return, and I'm only out the cost of domestic shipping.

Based on this experience, I'd have no worries ordering from them again.

·
Registered
442 Posts
And on the 11th, the full amount (including the international transaction fee) was credited back to my account.

The whole thing took its sweet time, but I can't complain about the results. A problem free international return, and I'm only out the cost of domestic shipping.

Based on this experience, I'd have no worries ordering from them again.
Thanks for documenting this experience. I had the exact same question just now, thinking that the OR return address was fishy, and this thread has provided me solace. Gotta love the forums, glad the return went well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts