WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! So as a Canadian I'm looking into watchmaking schools to get into and during my research I've noticed Quebec closed down the last school in Canada and its leaving me with a couple of choices. I see the Seattle has the Watch Technology Institute that teaches SAWTA curriculum. I've also found the British School of Watchmaking who is an affiliate of WOSTEP who take private students and Sponsored students. Then their is the WOSTEP school in Neuchatel, Switzerland. The rest of the American Watchmaking schools do not accept foreigners and the other couple of schools I found in Germany and Stizerland do not teach in English. Could someone let me know if there are any other schools I could apply too? I'm looking to send out applications before the new year.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Heya,

Canada's only watchmaking school, contrary to some people, is still open, in fact I could say we're thriving. The school is currently at capacity (around 30 students), and has 4 people on it's waiting list. Next enrollment date is March/April 2014.

The school is located in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec. Rent hear is pretty affordable, especially near the school. Tuition is very low, however out of province student tuition is higher.

École horlogerie

·
Registered
808 Posts
Heya,

Canada's only watchmaking school, contrary to some people, is still open, in fact I could say we're thriving. The school is currently at capacity (around 30 students), and has 4 people on it's waiting list. Next enrollment date is March/April 2014.

The school is located in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec. Rent hear is pretty affordable, especially near the school. Tuition is very low, however out of province student tuition is higher.

École horlogerie
Good news that there's still a Canadian school, but there may still be a language problem ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a Canadian watchmaker who trained under the SAWTA curriculum at the Watch Technology Institute in Seattle, the program has two strong instructors and is strongly supported financially by Rolex USA. As an international student the tuition is fairly expensive but the training is well worth it, I graduated with SAWTA, WTI and CW21 certificates, CW21 being the primary certification offered by AWCI the watchmaking governing body for the US. In the us you need a CW21 to work on Rolex watches.

Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
K & H Watchmaking Competence Centre. Private and independent watchmaking school located in Le Locle, Switzerland (Neuchatel canton, 30 mins from WOSTEP). Program in English, has for the moment 2 Canadian students. You should have found it if you did your research. If you are very serious about watchmaking, this is the place to go.

KHWCC - Home

1 - 5 of 5 Posts