WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
You can't expect Apple to leak like other companies do. They run a tight ship.

(aside from a recent joint interview with Cook, Federighi, and Schiller, talking about how they're rethinking the Mac Pro... the session itself was notable for its rarity)

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
I was glancing at a live blog during the keynote today. Looks like a lot of stuff added to the OS. I'll watch the full video from Apple later.

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
Don't feel bad about not getting third-party faces. Most of the ones people make for Android Wear look like s*** anyway, and I can't fault Apple for wanting to protect their brand.

WatchOS 4 looks pretty impressive, and should run on my first-gen, too. But after watching the rest of the keynote, with updates to the iMac, new iMac Pro, new MacBook Pros, an overview of macOS "High Sierra" (and its new file system, a big deal all by itself), a long overview of iOS 11, new iPads, and the new HomePod, I forgot the specifics for watchOS. ;)

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
After 4 Attempts it hot installed, but the app on the iPhone does not acknowledge it was finished.
Did you update the phone to iOS 11 beta? How about restarting either device, or maybe re-pairing the AW with the phone?

(taking shots in the dark here, or more accurately, in dim light. I keep tabs on the watchOS 4 Beta thread in the MacRumors forums but it's mostly people complaining -- and most of them have no business playing with beta software because they don't know how to troubleshoot and file bug reports)

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yes for all those things, without unpairing and repairing. When the next watchOS update is available I will transfer the profile over. I expect that would cease any false installation.
Edit: will look at it after IOS 11 Beta 4 is installed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Don't feel bad about not getting third-party faces. Most of the ones people make for Android Wear look like s*** anyway, and I can't fault Apple for wanting to protect their brand.
I think they could do it successfully if they did it similar to how they have an iMessage store now. People might have to pay for different faces but it also means they could set some kind of rules so that they can all look nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts