WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,011 Posts
more details from Apple:

What's New in watchOS 3.2

This article summarizes the key developer-related features introduced in watchOS 3.2,
which runs on currently shipping watchOS devices. The article also lists the documents
that describe new features in more detail.

For late-breaking news and information about known issues, see Release Notes at
https://developer.apple.com/watchos/download/.
To learn about what’s new in Swift, see Swift Language and The Swift
Programming Language (Swift 3.1).

Theater Mode

Introduced in watchOS 3.2, Theater Mode lets users quickly mute the sound
on their Apple Watch and avoid waking the screen on wrist raise. Users still
receive notifications (including haptics) while in Theater Mode, which they
can view by tapping the screen or pressing the Digital Crown.

SiriKit

watchOS 3.2 includes SiriKit. Users can ask Siri on their Apple Watch to book a ride,
send a message, make a payment, or make other requests that your app can handle.

Apps that provide services in specific domains can use SiriKit to make those services
available through Siri on watchOS. Making your services available requires creating
one or more app extensions using the Intents and Intents UI frameworks. SiriKit in
watchOS supports services in the following domains:

Messaging

Payments

Ride booking

Workouts

Calling

Searching photos

To learn how to support SiriKit and give users new ways to access your services,
read SiriKit Programming Guide.

---

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
7,398 Posts
The Theatre mode is a nice feature. I sleep with my Apple Watch on so I have that Taptic alarm in the morning. sometimes the display has gone on in and is bright enough to disturb my wife when she is sleeping. Depending on how much I move at night I can burn through up to 8% at night. Had Theatre mode on last night and it burned 2% battery and my wife had no complaints about the light.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Any reports of problems with this update? I recall there were problems with an earlier watch OS update (maybe the first version of 3) bricking some watches.

·
7,398 Posts
The last version had that issue with some users. The shame was you had to send it in to Apple to have them fix it. They had pulled that update shortly after those issues surfaced. I haven't heard of any issues on this one, mine updated with no problems.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The last version had that issue with some users. The shame was you had to send it in to Apple to have them fix it. They had pulled that update shortly after those issues surfaced. I haven't heard of any issues on this one, mine updated with no problems.
Thanks.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
17,777 Posts
The Theatre mode is a nice feature. I sleep with my Apple Watch on so I have that Taptic alarm in the morning. sometimes the display has gone on in and is bright enough to disturb my wife when she is sleeping. Depending on how much I move at night I can burn through up to 8% at night. Had Theatre mode on last night and it burned 2% battery and my wife had no complaints about the light.
I used Theater Mode for the same reason last night, and it worked as you said. I already switch to a red-only Modular face ut just shows time and temperature, but it was good to keep the screen off no matter what, too. It also added another step to deactivating the alarm this morning, which wasn't annoying -- it helped shake the cobwebs of my brain. :D

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried to update to WatchOS 3.2 but ot was not detected. Said 3.1.3 is up to date. What is going on?

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have no idea. I saw it last week, but even using the Apple server, I did not see the 3.2 update.

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,011 Posts
Perhaps you need the latest iOS version to enable the Apple WatchOS update.
It appears iOS 10.3.1 is current. Do you have that?

Thanks,
rationaltime

1 - 20 of 22 Posts