WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone any experience of buying spare parts from the website watchparts.co.uk?
They trade under the business name TWGC. I ordered and paid for a spare link for a Tag Heuer bracelet on 26th April 2012. My money was accepted and I was given an order reference number. Since then I have heard nothing. I have sent several emails to them but none have been replied to. I have tried calling the telephone number on their website but it rings off and disconnects before anyone picks up the phone. We are now into November and so it is over six months since I placed my order. I guess I should chalk this one up to experience, but I hope no-one else has to share a similar experience.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Bought some Bergeon tools lately. Delivered within 3 days. No probs at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is in fact WatchPart.co.uk in the singular. I have read threads where people have not had problems buying stuff from them. This makes it even more puzzling for me not to have received any response from my emails and telephone calls. I have just checked my account on their website and it is still listed as "status active" whatever that means. Does anyone have a phone number or email address which I can use to contact them? I would like to know what is going on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is in fact WatchPart.co.uk in the singular. I have read threads where people have not had problems buying stuff from them. This makes it even more puzzling for me not to have received any response from my emails and telephone calls. I have just checked my account on their website and it is still listed as "status active" whatever that means. Does anyone have a phone number or email address which I can use to contact them? I would like to know what is going on.
Hi, I have a similar problem with TWGC.com LTD (watchtool.co.uk)
Ordered several items from watchtool.co.uk on 23 of September, order confirmed and money withdrawn on the 24th. My account is also listed with a similar "order now being processed".
I had an initial email response from them saying that they had to order an missing item, so far so god. That last contact was on the 12th of October, but now no one is answering to my emails and no one picks up the phone... 8 weeks and no delivery, 4 weeks without response, it doesn't feel right, I hope they are still in business.

Try: [email protected], this is the address which worked for me initially...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if anybody made any headway with Watchpart.co.uk, but I placed an order a few weeks ago, paid immediately, but cannot get anybody on the phone, mail or on the support line. Is this a real company or is this just a scam. All help, much appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks like we have all been shafted/scammed!! Ordered a Bergeon 4513 movement holder 12th Sept - no replies to emails/tickets. Bunch of F*****s!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
In mid-September I bought a new bracelet and bezel for a Tag I own and, a few days later, decided to cancel the order for the bracelet (but keep the order for the bezel). They said they'd refund me 'when they get the money back from Tag themselves' which I thought was a bit off, but didn't think more about it.

For most of the intervening period I've been in India for work and sent the odd follow-up email which went unanswered. They also don't answer their contact form on the site, and they don't pick up the phone. Ever.

PayPal aren't terribly interested as it's beyond the 45-day rule for creating an escalation (a fact I just learned about) and watchpart.co.uk are blatantly ignoring me, while retaining my almost €300. So I'm wondering what, if anything, I can do about this.

I'm disappointed as they were recommended to me by two different reputable sources, and they turned out to be a bunch of crooks.

If anyone wants the guy's alternative email address, it is [email protected]. I know for a fact from someone else that he reads and responds to this email address (as recently as today), though he hasn't yet responded to my demands. Give it a shot, it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have used this company for watch repairs & servicing since 2008 and never had an issue with them...... until recently. They repaired my TAG Monaco in July but it failed in October so I returned it to them under warranty on the 22nd of that month. My last e-mail contact with them was on 7th November, some six weeks ago and since then every effort to contact them by e-mail & phone has failed and I really have been at my wit's end..... until today. Thank's to Colin and his post above with David Radcliffe's private e-mail address (that he appears to pick up from his Blackberry / i-phone) I managed to get him to call me.

When questioned with regard to his lack of response which led me to think that he was no longer in station, he responded by telling me that they were swamped with work and did not have the resourses to do so!
When I dealt with David previously, I lived close to him in West Yorkshire so I was able to deliver and pick up my watches personally, which resulted in my work being given some priority. The fragmented nature of his business and the fact that he is essentially a one man band results in him submerging in the minuti of it all, and customer service suffers as a result. Well the result is that there is virtually no customer service.

I was on the verge of reporting my personal plight to the authorities, but thanks to Colin, I look as thought I'm going to get my watch back!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I received my TAG Monaco back this morning with an extended warranty and all is well. I've advised David that he needs to sharpen up on the customer service aspect of his business, and hopefully he will respond to that. I can confirm that they are not a "bunch of crooks", but do exhibit a lack of awareness of how their lack of communication can unsettle their customer base.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi I can confirm this as well. I had problems whit an order in November 2012. It was almost impossible to make contact with Mr D.Radcliffe (phone, email) finally my somewhat sharp fax resulted in an shipped order with some free items... (after 9weeks).

I think he´s alone, trying hard, keeping all together...

·
Registered
7 Posts
They do not answer the phone, neither do they reply to e-mails. Yet they have quite a vast and functioning website/s and forum. Its just all so strange - Always pay by paypal, and if you don't get your item within a few weeks (3 or 4 MAX), make a paypal claim before the 45 day deadline and you'll get all your money back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Similar problem for me with watchpart.co.uk...

I ordered a replacement link for a Tag Heuer in early January 2013. They initially told me it would take 7-10 days to get the part from the supplier, then I suppose another 3-5 days for the part to be delivered to me. After 28 days from ordering, 3 emails that they never replied to and many phone calls that they didn't answer, there was no indication of a delivery, so I raised a paypal dispute and got a refund.

An absolutely terrible service, not recommended at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered a bezel for my Omega Planet Ocean, 23 September 2012 and still waiting for it! In November I send them a mail and got this answer:
Dear Mr. Mellis,
Sincerer apologies....
I have chased Omega on a few occasion and until Wednesday of this week have not had a reply that was forthcoming of a delivery date.
The good news is that the bezels are back in stock and will come out to us in two deliveries next week so that we can fulfil our orders.
The second that your bezel arrives we will email delivery details and parcel tracking numbers direct from the purchase website...
Yours sincerely,
Gordon,
But nothing happened after that, so I send them a mail 15 January but got no response at all! So today I send them a mail and asked for a refund.
I have a very bad feeling about the whole thing. Does anyone know what to do if there again is no response?

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I've dealt with them once or twice. There were no problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've dealt with them once and it has been nothing BUT a problem. Over four months of excuses, promises of imminent delivery and inaction, customer service is unknown to them. I'm out of pocket and don't have my parts. Save yourself a lot of grief and go elsewhere. They shouldn't be trading.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know how to get in contact with them. They do not react on mails and the phone keeps ringing. But as I found out, they are still accepting orders and payments but do not deliver!
How can we stop this???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealt with them once, all ok. Dealt again, it was a mess and they refunded after two months. Now I ordered a bracelet - guess it will take a while for the refund or for the bracelet !

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had the same problem as everyone else(and is the reason how I found this forum). No response from them regardless of how you try and contact them. I've raised a dispute with Paypal (with no response from watchparts) and have now asked for a refund.

Can anyone recommend a company that deals in Tag Heuer parts and is reliable.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.