WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, Sellers, make sure you check the accuracy of your listings at WatchPatrol!

I listed a Terra Cielo Mare for sale on Sunday, and WP got the price wrong, listing it for $1200. I’m asking for $555. This is the 4th time I’ve had a listing pop up at Watchpatrol with the wrong price or a wildly inaccurate “median price” valuation, so I finally decided to contact them/him.
So take a moment after listing here to confirm they have it right. And buyers should probably double-check as well. If you rely on the first price when the listing is posted, you’ll likely miss reductions in the bumps.

Secondly, I owe Mike at WatchPatrol an apology for using an all-caps message in a contact form for letting them know that they got my asking price wrong. I was frustrated, true.

As a result of my brusque all-caps request for a correction, and a follow-up inquiry about how to opt out of having listings posted there, he banned me entirely and took down my listings. I don’t blame him — I used all-caps twice, which is unforgivable.

On the other hand, I guess that’s how you opt out at WP — send an all-caps message! They should put that in the FAQ.

Ironically, it’s the first time I have ever used all-caps for anything. First time I’ve been banned from anywhere. I applaud Mike at WatchPatrol for having standards. It’s a free service after all! I should be thanking them for taking my pictures, my text, and my listings to draw scammers and zero-post newbie lowballers into my inbox, without me or anyone else ever seeing or agreeing to any kind of TOS.

I know the majority of sellers here like Watch Patrol and I know it’s a popular service w/buyers. I’m not trying to be anti-WP. I have no idea how this company works or what their future plans are or how they monetize this service. But if I wanted to post my listings all over the internet, I’d still be using eBay.

Regardless, again, to Mike @ Watchpatrol, I DO OFFER A COMPLETE AND UTTER RETRACTION OF MY RUDE INQUIRY. I DEEPLY REGRET ANY DISTRESS THAT MY COMMENTS MAY HAVE CAUSED YOU AND I HEREBY UNDERTAKE NOT TO REPEAT ANY SUCH DISCOURTESIES AT ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just found this on Google, sorry for the very late reply.

WatchPatrol does it's best to guess the price of your listing based on the text inside the post (or subject). Sometimes, when there are multiple numbers inside of your post (such as shipping price, retail price, strangely formatted numbers, etc) it can't tell which is actually the list price. It usually chooses the price that is closest to the median price for that model, but like you said those prices can be off as well especially for very rare or diverse model. There is no perfect solution to this when you are working on scraping large amounts of unformatted/ambiguous data.

As far as being banned, here is the message you sent to me:
HOW DO I OPT OUT OF HAVING MY WUS LISTINGS POSTED ON THIS SITE??

Instead of wasting my time replying, I added your username to the ban list so that your listings would no longer appear on the site. And now you are complaining about being banned? I don't really understand, I just did what you requested me to do.

I honestly can't tell which parts of your post are meant to enflame or be sarcastic, but if you want your listings reactivated you can just email me.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.