WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Moderator at Large
54,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STOWA Prodiver Grey Limited voted diver's watch 2019! For the seventh time in a row!

2CA1209F-736A-4999-B823-10FE37C9221F.jpeg

Stowa won the Watchtime Award „Diver’s watch 2019a in the category from €1.000to 2.500 for the seventh time in a row.

With the most votes (3324 out of 7000) across all categories, the vote again showed that the Prodiver is one of the most popular sports watches.

https://www.watchtime.net/uhren-szene/das-sind-die-besten-taucheruhren-2019

Note: As a special feature the Prodiver Grey Limited features a very solid ceramic bezel, available from October.
Orders are already taken, hurry up and choose your preferred number.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Dumb question but I've seen two pictures of this watch...one shows the luminescent pip at 12 on the bezel and the other one doesn't. It doesn't mention the pip on the website and I'm wondering if anyone knows for certain whether it has it or not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mike . . . have there been any in-the-flesh pictures of this one yet? I haven't seen any! Thanks
The very helpful Stefan at Stowa has just sent me this picture as I have one of these on order and did not know whether to go for this Grey Limited or a Blue Limited as they have a few left for sale. I am still undecided but this grey does look nice. The picture shows it with the aluminium bezel insert but I have been told the ceramic will look exactly the same. Which one do you all like better, Grey or Blue?

Stowa Prodiver Grey Limited.jpg

·
Registered
808 Posts
I guess you can't go wrong with any of them.

I love my blue Prodiver. The dial of the grey looks stunning but I'm less fan of the light blue hand

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's exactly how I feel. I think they call it Turquoise but it looks like a light blue. Wish I could buy both but the Mrs will kick me out.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I love the look...can't wait to get the grey dialed Prodiver I ordered

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I saw this at the Windup Watch Fair yesterday.

I was very impressed with the way the turquoise and grey work together.

Titanium case on the rubber strap feels great on the wrist.

Gave very serious thought to purchasing one.

However, I decided the dial, although beautiful, had too much "reflectivity".

Kind of bummed out with my decision not to buy.

I will most likely kick that decision around for a while; nothing etched in stone, yet.

·
Registered
411 Posts
As I mentioned in another post, I thought the same thing about the dial and was quite concerned (as I've already ordered one) but the hands, IMO, are the really reflective parts. The lights in that room made the time almost illegible at certain angles. But outside it was a much more subtle effect. It's certainly not the most legible Stowa in bright light, but I've already got two Stowas that are..the Flieger Sport and the most legible watch I own, the TO1. I ultimately decided to stick with the gray dial Prodiver (after contemplating changing my order to the Seatime Black Forest LE) because it really does look unique compared to other Stowas...and cool. It's not the one I would wear if I were actually going diving (as legibility is paramount there) but it's the classiest looking diver Stowa makes and perfect for a desk diver like me.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I ultimately decided to stick with the gray dial Prodiver (after contemplating changing my order to the Seatime Black Forest LE) because it really does look unique compared to other Stowas...and cool. It's not the one I would wear if I were actually going diving (as legibility is paramount there) but it's the classiest looking diver Stowa makes and perfect for a desk diver like me.
Congratulations!

Looking forward to your thoughts (and pictures); I am still quite impressed with the watch.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Stowa's diver watches are so cool...I have an okay diver watch right now but would love to upgrade to a Stowa, either a Seatime or a Prodiver. The Prodiver on that titanium bracelet looks amazing.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Got an email from Stefan at Stowa today. There's a further 1-2 month delay on obtaining the ceramic bezel so they've offered to send the watch now with an aluminum bezel and then send the ceramic bezel separately when it arrives for free...and you can keep the aluminum bezel. I told them absolutely!

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Got an email from Stefan at Stowa today. There's a further 1-2 month delay on obtaining the ceramic bezel so they've offered to send the watch now with an aluminum bezel and then send the ceramic bezel separately when it arrives for free...and you can keep the aluminum bezel. I told them absolutely!
Great way to handle a delay; way to go, Stowa.

And congrats on an earlier arrival.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts