WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Great way to handle a delay; way to go, Stowa.

And congrats on an earlier arrival.
Still have to wait till next week for Jorg to return from a trip to oversee final inspection of the watch. Will post pics and my thoughts when I get it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Had a brief delay in Customs but finally got my Prodiver Grey Limited and thought I'd share some pics and thoughts.

First, as I mentioned before, this is the temporary aluminum bezel but they did a nice job on this as well...can't wait to get the ceramic one.

As all things Stowa, the fit and finish on the watch are top notch. It's a pretty chunky watch but is extremely comfortable...not even marks on my wrist from the crown. The lume is fantastic as always and although useless to pretty much everyone, the helium escape valve looks cool too.

The main features of this model are obviously the sunburst dial and polished hands. The dial and hands are gorgeous and I love the look! While both caused me a bit of worry regarding legibility when I saw this watch at the WindUp Watch Fair in NYC, it's not really an issue in everyday use. The polished hands and crystal are more reflective than a typical dive watch with a strong AR coating, but the look more than makes up for this slight drawback. While I appreciate the matte black dial that I'm used to on most Stowa Fliegers and dive watches, this one really shines (no pun intended).

In short, I have no regrets purchasing this watch. This is my fifth Stowa that I've purchased having only ever sold off one...a standard Seatime with green seconds hands. I liked it but it reminded me a lot of the TO1 I already owned...tool watch, matte black dial, highly legible, etc. I preferred the TO1 so I sold the Seatime because it was getting no wrist time (and I got a good deal on it). Unless some financial catastrophe hits me (knock on wood), I don't see any reason why I'd ever want to sell this watch...great job again, Stowa!

PD1.jpg PD2.jpg PD3.jpg PD4.jpg

·
Registered
881 Posts
Awesome, happy to finally see some real-life pics! Quick question, does the lume have the typical greenish C3 tint? That was one thing that bothered me about the blue limited--wished for stark white BGW9. Keep the pics coming, really tempted by this one...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Awesome, happy to finally see some real-life pics! Quick question, does the lume have the typical greenish C3 tint? That was one thing that bothered me about the blue limited--wished for stark white BGW9. Keep the pics coming, really tempted by this one...
Yes, it's the greenish tint of C3. I agree that BGW9 would've looked cool with the blue on this watch as well, but alas it's not to be. Doesn't bother me much though. I'll include a lume pic soon.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Great pics! I actually think the greenish tint of the C3 works a lot better on this dial than it does on the blue limited. Maybe it's just me, but I actually like the minty colour with the light blue/turquoise accents and grey dial. Very nice. Looking forward to one eventually popping up on F29 in the next year :)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Wonderful photos you posted that really capture unique beauty of the dial. Do feel the C3 lume suits overall color scheme. Stowa website currently states it has new ceramic bezel. Will yours arrive soon? I do not need another diver, but this watch is stunning and now on my short list for potential purchase.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Like this piece very much!
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: robi1138

·
Registered
411 Posts
Wonderful photos you posted that really capture unique beauty of the dial. Do feel the C3 lume suits overall color scheme. Stowa website currently states it has new ceramic bezel. Will yours arrive soon? I do not need another diver, but this watch is stunning and now on my short list for potential purchase.
Not sure how long till the ceramic bezel arrives...based on past conversations I had with the factory, I believe it to be in Jan or Feb.

·
Moderator at Large
54,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I appreciate your enthusiasm Bhanu, but the Stowa Flieger White thread would have been the right thread to post the news. This year Stowa (for the third time) won the Golden Balance with the Flieger Klassik White 40.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hey, @robi1138, did you end up receiving the ceramic bezel? How is it? Curious to hear your thoughts on the grey prodiver after having it for a couple months now, let us know!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey, @robi1138, did you end up receiving the ceramic bezel? How is it? Curious to hear your thoughts on the grey prodiver after having it for a couple months now, let us know!
As I described in my PM to you (didn't see this message till now but thought others might want to hear my response anyway) I still like the watch a lot. I wear it pretty frequently and it's very light and comfortable. No issues with legibility or anything else for that matter but I think the BGW9 would have been a better choice aesthetically as well as for
lume longevity.

Unfortunately I have not yet received the ceramic bezel. Apparently Stowa is having problems getting them from their supplier. Will post new photos when I eventually get it.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts