WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Last Saturday I had the opportunity to visit Stowa in their „Schwarzwaldhaus“ in Engelsbrand and to handle the Prodiver Grey. Looks very cool and appears to be an amazing watch. I think that It’s another well-designed variation of the prodiver. In this test environment of the Schwarzwaldhaus are no legibility issues caused by the sunburst dial noticeable.

But the wirst presence is strong, personally I’m not prepared to wear this large watch but enjoying to look at this creative variation.

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well, it's felt like an eternity waiting for the ceramic bezel to arrive from Stowa but it's finally here. I placed the order for the watch back in September and it got here pretty quickly with the temporary aluminum bezel inlay. After waiting through supplier holdups, illness, and customs delays I finally received the bezel in the mail today.

So first things first...changing the bezel. What a pain it was at first but now is simple to do. If you look at the pic below, I've highlighted two things with one arrow: one, the scratches I made in the old bezel and, 2) exactly where the knife needs to go to pop off the bezel. Stupidly, I thought the metal ring below the ridges (where the scratches are) was part of the watch...it's part of the bezel, obviously. Hence the scratches...so be careful.

20200404_223558~01.jpg

So, anyway, here's the new bezel on the watch:

20200404_223056~01.jpg 20200404_223051~01.jpg 20200404_223040~01.jpg

Not the best pics (squiggly piece of lint on crystal included at no extra charge) but you get the idea. Obviously the ceramic inlay is much more reflective than the aluminum one...here's another shot for comparison:

20200404_223737~01.jpg

The reflectivity works well on this watch because the dial and edges of the hands are so reflective already. The reflectivity is not an issue with legibility...this was a big concern of mine before I bought the watch but everything about the watch is great. The new bezel is fantastic and is much blacker than the aluminum one. This might actually be in the aluminum bezel's favor as it matched the dial color more closely. I liked the aluminum bezel well enough but I really like the ceramic one...it suits this particular watch better. Not sure if that "shiny" of a bezel is something I'd want on all my watches but with this one it's perfect.

Hope this helps if you're still debating about getting this watch.

Rob

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Congrats on getting things all squared, Rob.

Also, thanks for great pics and honest opinions; both very helpful.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Still loving this watch, btw. Titanium is wonderfully light.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts