Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Administrator
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,
We are officially launching a t-shirt design contest on WUS. Its time to sharpen those pencils, and tablet stylus for a chance to win some great prizes!

Contest will close at the end of this month, the winner will be chosen by you! To enter please add your image to this thread.

Best of luck to all who enter!

Contest Rules:

1. Design can have as many colors as you'd like. We'll choose the best printing method that will best reproduce the winning design!
2. Contest Entry Deadline will be: August 31st, 2017 11:59:59 PM EST

3. Entries will be voted on by fellow forum members for 2 weeks after the contest.

4. The winning design will be the one with the most amount of votes.
5. Limit two (2) entries per member.

This year's design will also be made available for sale in our online store .

HOW TO ENTER: Submit your unique t-shirt design in this thread along with a description of your design. (Limit of two designs per person)

PRIZE: The Winner will receive a WatchUSeek Prize Pack which includes the winning design on a t-shirt and hoodie, along with a $100 Amazon Gift Card.

SELECTION OF WINNER: We will be conducting a poll that will commence on September 1st and run till September 15th, 2017. WatchUSeek members will have a chance to vote for their favorite design. The design with the highest number of votes will be the selected Winner.

RESTRICTIONS:
Please embed your picture so we can link to it if you are the winner.
Designs that do not follow our community guidelines will be removed by the Admin team.

Design must be original and NOT copied from the internet. (Link regarding copyright infringement)

Dimensions of designs: 15" x 18"

Design can be in full color (Front Only)

To enter, please submit your design on a t-shirt mockup template and one version of the design by itself.

MOCKUP TEMPLATES: Huge Collection of T-Shirt Design Mockup Templates

Your design entry should include:

o A JPG or PNG of just the design image

o A JPG or PNG of the design placed on the t-shirt template to show the design placement, size, and garment color.

All submitted entries remain the intellectual property of the designer. The designer will retain ownership and copyright of the winning design, however WatchUSeek.com will have exclusive rights to printing and giving away/selling the winning design on t-shirts as well as using the image for promotional purposes regarding the shirt and contest.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,795 Posts
Great idea, im computer design illiterate but id like to see a simple black t-shirt with 'I LIKE TO WATCH' in cool font on the front, with a WUS logo underneath.

Seeings i have no way of actually designing that, its welcome to the first taker, good luck!

Good luck to all the entries!

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
I don't have a specific image, rather a type: an exploded watch parts and assembly diagram. It might involve licensing. Something like this:

This one's also cool for the framing. Also, another source that probably would NOT involve any licensing, is a similar image from a patent application.

And this would be stunning, but probably too much to put onto a shirt:

Both images found here:
[ELGIN] Elgin 18s Model 8 Pocket Watch Diagram

So I obviously claim NO!!! rights whatsoever.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Dimensions of designs: 15’ x 18’

Wow... it is either a billboard, or it fits King Kong

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Is this the right place to post? If so it is really strange no one did yet... Such a nice opportunity to get creative, help the community and win a prize - where are you guys?

Well I'll try mine and see how it goes...

I am really not 100% sure about the final design, is it OK to post a couple of very similar one and later on, based on feedback, delete some and leave the final one? I hope so but if not the next image is the only design I wish to submit in this post please:

and some mockups:

I am not really sure if the hands should be there and if the writing should stay "watchuheart" or changed for the regular "wachuseek". If I can make changes, how would you guys like it?

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Hey... not bad, David! That is a billboard!

I just noticed how the "heart" is over your heart... cool!

Reactions: Davidka

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Good job you're not a heart surgeon - heart is in the middle!
Do you think this is common knowledge?? BTW... I am a heart surgeon (technically a Cardiothoracic surgeon).

Dr. BIG... to you!!

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Be funny to put the heart on a sleeve :)
Now that might be an interesting thing to do on a long-sleeve t...the coolest might be a brand logo in the breast-pocket area, and a heart on the sleeve. But logos are generally trademarked, so approval might be required for that element. But for a double meaning, pictures of classic, collectors' favorite movements, like El Primero.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You could wear that watchuheart shirt to pick up dates, especially if you like to use cheesy pick-up lines!

Reactions: Davidka

·
Registered
18,965 Posts
World's most wife hated watch forum!!!

Reactions: 65rob and Davidka

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey!
I saw this competition on Facebook, thought i'd give it a go :)

Here's my design
Design for T-Shirt.jpg T-Shirt Design example.jpg

It's inspired by victorian pocket watches and abstract art (Piet Mondrian)

Let me know what you think :)

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
1st of all... W E L C O M E ! !

Next... sorry, but WTF??

Reactions: Cobia and Foxie
1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.