WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This is a Certina DS-3 !!!! Very nice homage :) !!!!
DS-3 Re-issue
The DS-3 Super PH1000m was identical to the original DS-2 Super PH1000m, except it was a DS-3 rather than a DS-2 (even had the same ref. no.). The DS-3 reissue was a 1,888-piece LE. Finding any of the foregoing is a real challenge ... at least for a reasonable price. ;-)

·
Registered
591 Posts
If the orange is a brilliantly bright one I may have to start selling some watches and saving up. Will this watch be a permanent addition to the Helson lineup?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'll be quite honest. When I saw the word "turtle" in the title I immediately thought of the Tortuga. That means I immidiately thought extra bezels. As I read through the article I kept holding out hope that it had extra bezel. That was a let down for me. With that said, this is a great looking watch. Going to have to think long and hard about this one.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I'll wait to see what shade of orange Peter uses for the dial, AND the hand color he uses. If he goes with black outline hands for the hour, minute, and second hands, and if the shade of orange is right, I might just have to sell a few off to fund this one...we shall see.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Love that case and that bezel!! But the dial and handset look out of place when combined with dressier polished accents on the case and bezel (though I understand this was modeled after the Certina).

A polished/brushed handset and polished/brushed hour marker borders would have made this watch a knockout.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Another nice review Rob. You're becoming the "news maker" on WUS! Much appreciated coverage.

I am one of those people who have been on the lookout for that minty vintage Certina to no avail. I thought the re-issue was fine however they blew it with the bezel. The minute markers only go to 20 and not all the way around. I personally feel minute markers that go all the way around provide symmetry and I'm glad that Helson decided to use the original bezel design.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Reactions: Nalu

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm so glad to see Peter honoring the Certina, a unique and somewhat rare beauty.
And glad to see your excellent review, Rob. Very nicely done.

Eric

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Exclusive Indeed!!! Nice review also...looking forward to seeing what the Orange and Yellow dials looks like. That yellow Certina DS-2 looks GREAT...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Nothing like having the original but this is a nice homeage to a great dive watch and one of my favorites. Looking forward to seeing the colors of the dials and overall construction of the watch. Should be a big hit in the Helson line-up.

·
Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator
6,386 Posts
Looks a bit like a Doxa, Certina, Buzo and a Sumo all had drunk sex and had a baby. I dig it!!!

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
221 Posts
With a price like that.....
With a finish like that....

Peter.....great work!!
You really want me to buy a second piece of Helson!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'd take a Miyota movement and lower price, I appreciate the microbrews staying in the more affordable range of 400-700

21 - 40 of 97 Posts