WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Rob,
I got really used to your intelligent, interesting and in-depth responses to the world of dive watches some time ago, and after my own hiatus, it's a pleasure to see you and your written word back again. I think you have a true "wax poetic" approach to this entire watch-collectors-dilemma-WIS-life; love your approach! Although I am unsure as to whether or not you've gone against Dr.'s orders to dive (one of your last posts I recall), I hope you are getting some time on the ocean and if you want to go deep, well, go for it.
All the best man,
Regards
Aaron

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just when I counting my dimes for a Doxa 4000T, Oh yeah.....me likie!~ Thanks for the intel.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Rob, that thing is awesome. Really like the look of some of the helson's, the new titanium sharkdiver in particular but this retro model is the ducks guts on that mesh.
No dramas for me with it's case size, it's actually smaller than my deep blue master 2000 and about the same thickness which on my arm sits fine.
Good to see a 2824 inside also.
Well done Helson, I'd dive or just cruise in this one any day.

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Rob,
I got really used to your intelligent, interesting and in-depth responses to the world of dive watches some time ago, and after my own hiatus, it's a pleasure to see you and your written word back again. I think you have a true "wax poetic" approach to this entire watch-collectors-dilemma-WIS-life; love your approach! Although I am unsure as to whether or not you've gone against Dr.'s orders to dive (one of your last posts I recall), I hope you are getting some time on the ocean and if you want to go deep, well, go for it.
All the best man,
Regards
Aaron
Thanks, Aaron. I'm cleared for freediving to 10m or so, but I hope to get clearance for longer dives in the next month. Pennekamp ... so near, and yet so far. ;-)

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
You can still have plenty of fun and adventure freediving in less than 10m mate. Enjoy.
Aye, just need to get my wind up. I used to be up to 2 minutes when I was (much) younger. :-!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Aye, just need to get my wind up. I used to be up to 2 minutes when I was (much) younger. :-!
That's part of the beauty of it, 2 minutes could seem like 20 at times and my mates and I have timed each other on certain dives up to around 5 minutes but you can still enjoy a 30s to 1min dive as you cruise along.
I've pushed myself too much in the past at times and felt giddy which I don't recommend so go easy I say.
A mate actually scored the bends a couple of months ago and got a free low level chopper ride and some metal box time after having to emergency piggy back a guy to the surface on scuba. Turns out my mate had a blood pressure issue which made it worse, other guy didn't get the bends, and the surfacing was still timed right.
Freaked us out and never would have known about his blood pressure. He's back freediving again but not sure about scuba yet.
At the end of the day take care all.
Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I'll wait to see what shade of orange Peter uses for the dial, AND the hand color he uses. If he goes with black outline hands for the hour, minute, and second hands, and if the shade of orange is right, I might just have to sell a few off to fund this one...we shall see.
You are in LUCK! See below....

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Peter has provided photos of the watches with orange and yellow dials, along with a "group" photo. ;-)

Enjoy!

Rob

Helson Turtle orange.jpg Helson Turtle Yellow small.jpg Helson Turtle trio.jpg

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Oh good God! The orange dial version is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Looks like I'll have to start selling some off.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
There is nothing not to like about this watch for me. The orange dial is something to behold!!! I am speechless...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Good god that orange dial is dynamite. Was thinking about the titanium gauge but now...

How many of each dial are going to be made and when are they gonna be up? Things were a bit slow before but some great models jumping out again!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Here you can compare with the Technos version in orange dial.

Have to say the Helson version is perfect.
Hope i can afford one when released.....

Hans

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Good god that orange dial is dynamite. Was thinking about the titanium gauge but now...

How many of each dial are going to be made and when are they gonna be up? Things were a bit slow before but some great models jumping out again!
Peter says the Turtle will be available later this month. I'm not sure how many of each dial color will be available, but I will try to find out and report back here.

Rob

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Sent Peter an email yesterday. He replied this morning and said he expects to have them in 2 weeks. All 3 dial colors look pretty good!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The dial colors look pretty good. The orange and yellow look to be brighter than the original colors. If Helson is going to replicate or homeage the Certina to these exact dimensions to look like the original he should have just went all the way and duplicated the dial colors. Overall I do like the look of the Turtle and may consider picking one of these up. Should sell very well.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts