WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
356 Posts
Micro brands have become really boring. We have seen all this before and in addition dials are plain and simple (only lume applied) - it looks really cheap. I'm waiting for something different. :)
I'm a big fan of turtle/cushion case watches. Most of my experience has been with classic Seiko and an ocean7 that I really enjoyed. The dimensions of this watch are very different than what I have seen on anything (except the originals), so I don't catch what you meant by "we have all seen this before..."

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Rob, great to see your site up and running!

Reactions: iinsic

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Well they put out watches faster the mainstream brands, so the variety in the dive watch arena is nice IMO.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The dial colors look pretty good. The orange and yellow look to be brighter than the original colors. If Helson is going to replicate or homeage the Certina to these exact dimensions to look like the original he should have just went all the way and duplicated the dial colors. Overall I do like the look of the Turtle and may consider picking one of these up. Should sell very well.
The original Certina and Technos divers have 35+ years of patina and aging to the dial colors, so they have that well worn aged look, which makes the colors much warmer. That's why I prefer them much more, in addition to them being the originals. So the Helson will not have the same color and warmth to the dial. It takes lots of time and exposure to sun to replicate that look.

·
Registered
410 Posts
LOoks like the the offspring of Zinex + Aquadive. Cool beans.
Certina and Aquadive are brands from the 1960's and 1970's. Helson and Zixen borrowed heavily from both. So they are the offspring.

Reactions: Nalu and SHANE 1000

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Although a Homage...still it is nice to see these type of rounded cushioned cases being used with modern implementations, like the tsunami. The show of colors is wonderful. Peter can you do a white dial...much like you did with the now no longer made White Sharkmaster?

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Although a Homage...still it is nice to see these type of rounded cushioned cases being used with modern implementations, like the tsunami. The show of colors is wonderful. Peter can you do a white dial...much like you did with the now no longer made White Sharkmaster?
I really regret not acquiring one of the white/white Sharkmasters when I had the chance. :-(

·
Registered
911 Posts
The yellow dial version does it for me. |>

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
Beautiful but way to thick for me, that has kept me from the originals and the LE's too. That dial would look great in the guage 1000.

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Good god that orange dial is dynamite. Was thinking about the titanium gauge but now...

How many of each dial are going to be made and when are they gonna be up? Things were a bit slow before but some great models jumping out again!
Peter tells me, as already mentioned, that the watches should be available within two weeks. The initial batch will offer 50 black dials, 25 orange dials and 25 yellow dials. So get 'em while they're fresh. ;-)

Rob

61 - 80 of 97 Posts