81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
I just received an email from Peter at Helson. All Turtle dial colors are now available.

Black dialed version ordered. :-!

It usually takes a couple of days for their watches to arrive here in the US. I should have it later this week.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just received an email from Peter at Helson. All Turtle dial colors are now available.

Black dialed version ordered. :-!

It usually takes a couple of days for their watches to arrive here in the US. I should have it later this week.

You were quicker than me Demo111 - Orange for me :).

Next question is will the Turtle arrive before my Aquadive Bronze??????????

Oh the waiting!

Regards

Beano

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Just found one of these, yellow dial, on the bay. Coming in from "down under". I'll report when it gets here!
Let me know if you ever decide you want a black one. :think:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Found one here, in the Orange dial that I was seeking. #234 with the 9015, keeping great time so far. This one wears much smaller than the specs suggest. In fact it could be a mm or two larger on all aspects. I like the factory bracelet, but its just a tad snug on the last clasp hole (and with the extra link, a tad too loose). I may pop for a Staib for this one (had 20 mm, but sold it a few years ago....)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I just emailed Peter to see if I can purchase a longer piece of mesh to use on the bracelet. If anyone has a mesh bracelet that is too large, and wants to swap a short for a long piece - PM me!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I just emailed Peter to see if I can purchase a longer piece of mesh to use on the bracelet. If anyone has a mesh bracelet that is too large, and wants to swap a short for a long piece - PM me!
No go on the extra piece of mesh, Helson only sells the entire bracelet for $125. If I were paying that, I'd add a few more bucks and get a Staib.
I opted to order a slightly longer, six-hole divers clasp from Strapcode. It should add 10 mm to the bracelet size, so I'm hoping that does the trick. Pix to follow.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I gave up on trying to modify the factory mesh to suit and bought a Staib brushed divers clasp strap. These offer adjustments on both sides of the clasp, and I always get a perfect fit.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Did anyone save the spec page at the Helson site on the Turtle? I always save the specs for any watch that I purchase, but cant find this one anywhere.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts