WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just got my first TAG Heuer the other day. It's a Carrera Automatic Chronograph Tachymeter (CV2017), and so far I'm absolutely loving it. One thing I do dislike is that it doesn't have a screw in crown, though.

I was washing my hands the other day when, about 5 minutes afterwards, I happened to glance at my watch and noticed the crown was partially out (position 2, to adjust the date). How screwed am I? Is the water from my gentle hand washing going to end up causing a lot of moisture to remain? So far, I notice absolutely no issues and no fogging whatsoever.

Thanks in advance from a watch n00b!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Hi, I think you will be o.k., i think you would have noticed a problem by now, had you immersed your hands you would definitely have a problem, I would keep an eye on things just in case.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I understand the Aquagraph is still waterproof with the crown out but to a lesser degree.

I presume their other models are too?

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Dont chance anything with the crown OUT. If moisture gets in the watch, it voids the warranty.

Unless you got crazy with your hand washing and splashed alot on your watch, you should be ok.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply, y'all. No, I did not get crazy with the hand washing (admittedly, I do sometimes, but not that time). I'll definitely be more careful in the future, but it's somewhat comforting to know that I'm probably safe given lack of condensation so far.

I really wish this crown would screw down! I'm not sure how it was pulled out. I've had it happen on other watches, too. :-|

1 - 5 of 5 Posts