WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,

So, I'm looking for a simple waterproof watch for a friend. She's a hair dresser, so she's constantly putting her hands underwater and she's gone through like 3 fashion watches already. I've told her that those fashion watches aren't going to hold up, so she asked me to find her a watch. I figured I'd get some extra help from the WUS community.

Price range is $350 or less. Yellow gold. Likes the simpler classic square design as well.

I was thinking a Seiko Solar SUP250, but I'm doubtful the water resistance would hold up any better than the Michael Kors and Versace watches she's gone through. Maybe a simple Casio LA670WGA-9? Not sure if she requires it to be a mechanical watch.

Anyways, I'd love to hear some suggestions!

·
Banned
1,283 Posts
Save yourself money, and type in "ladies 200m Invicta) on eBay. My wife has two, and she uses them for the gym and swimming. They do what they say on the tin, and the range is big enough to suit. For a little more replace the word "Invicta" with "Citizen"

Reactions: watchdudelikeswatch

·
Registered
Blancpain, Breguet, Bulgari, Cartier, Grand Seiko, Rolex, Vacheron, Zodiac
115 Posts
There’s also ladies seiko 5 sports watches if it has to be mechanical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Bought my wife a used Fossil ladies dive watch for cheap at a sidewalk sale for a jeweler. One of the Fossil Blue series. Steel bracelet and 100m of water resistance, so it has no problem going into and out of water with the kids. She's a fan.

Similar ones are listed on Ebay for $18 to $40 in a variety of colors.

Timex also has ladies silicone sports watches that are good to 100m for $65, also in a variety of colors.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Not sure if anybody needs a mechanical watch, and women usually aren't that interested in them, but if you want a square gold watch suitable for swimming, and therefore should hold up to washing hair, you can get an Apple Watch 4 for 399.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts