WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I love mechanical watches and I know they arent as accurate as any quartz watch or apple watch, but I value something that is something unconventional. Time and again I listen from my colleagues as to why do I spend so much on different mechanical watches when I can just buy an apple watch.
I have never been a fan of apple watch and will never buy one. I only have a few reasons to give.
-Apple watches cant be passed down to your next generation whereas a mechanical timepiece can be.
- Apple watches will not last long, barely last few years whereas mechanical watches can last forever as long as you get it serviced.

Any other reasons you can think of?? I just need to have a list of reasons I can provide so they shut off lol and start valuing mechanical watches more than just apple watches. They will say my apple watch also shows me my heart rate and blah blah and tracks other thing but your watch doesnt...

Looking forward to some interesting answers.

P.S: Lovely shot of my sarb037

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
563 Posts
Tell them you admire craftsmanship.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
so they shut off lol and start valuing mechanical watches more than just apple watches
You can point out that it's what you like. Just like they like their guns, or their dozen pairs of leather shoes, or their boat, or their new car every 2 years, or etc. That may get them to "shut off." But it's unlikely that anything you could state would get them to start valuing mechanical watches (other than Rolex perhaps) over their smartwatches. That preference has to be learned through personal experience.

"Screw you guys, I'm going home..."

(Don't actually try that one... :)]

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Hi folks,
I love mechanical watches and I know they arent as accurate as any quartz watch or apple watch, but I value something that is something unconventional. Time and again I listen from my colleagues as to why do I spend so much on different mechanical watches when I can just buy an apple watch.
I have never been a fan of apple watch and will never buy one. I only have a few reasons to give.
-Apple watches cant be passed down to your next generation whereas a mechanical timepiece can be.
- Apple watches will not last long, barely last few years whereas mechanical watches can last forever as long as you get it serviced.

Any other reasons you can think of?? I just need to have a list of reasons I can provide so they shut off lol and start valuing mechanical watches more than just apple watches. They will say my apple watch also shows me my heart rate and blah blah and tracks other thing but your watch doesnt...

P.S: Lovely shot of my sarb037

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Forgive them, for they do not know, whereof they speak. Think of a big, fat, benevolent Buddha. Adopt his smile, every time these ignorant people start talking about their aPlle watches and other stupid merchandise. BTW, I’d actually love to have an aPlle watch, but it would look so stupid next to one of my many mechanical watches, so I shall not get one.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Ask them if they sell men’s watches where they bought that Apple Watch. Then tell them it makes their wrist look less effeminate and then tell them to GTFO of your office.

At least that’s how I’d respond but then again I’m old, calloused and DGAF about what people think about me or my watches.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts