WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A used but not abused WCCS Frogman arrived last week & I've been wearing it everyday since then. According to the Official G-Shock Book, it was first released June 2000 along with a blue WCCS Frogman that's more rare. Some Japanese blogs call it the 4th WCCS. Does anyone know if it's the last WCCS Frogmans? TIA

DW-9902GWC Frogman (left) & DW-9950-8 Seaman (right)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Adam,

Great pictures and watches. Somehow remind me to the customized clear I.C.E.R.C. Frogman you see in Japan. The smoke color looks very good and yellowing will be a much smaller problem than on clear colorless versions.

I must say I was pretty amazed about the looks of the Seaman. Although significant smaller than his bigger Frogman brothers (except the DW-9900 Frogman of course), it looks pretty good. Here's mine:

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thks Sjors, I was a bit worred over the translucent shroud & band but it's much darker than I thought--almost like an industrial garbage bag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts