WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched this video on Youtube and saw CEO of Omega wearing 2 watches, one on each hand. What do you guys think about that?
I don't know why, but I think it looks a little silly. :)

Anyone here wears 2 watches like this?

·
Registered
89 Posts
He can get away with it being the CEO of omega lol

But otherwise no, I wouldn't do this, I've done it once only because I was on the way to drop off a watch for servicing and I didn't want it to get scratched in my pocket

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I remember reading an Esquire Magazine interview with someone, I wanna say it was Colin Firth, who wears two watches at once. One is set to the time where he is, and the other belonged to his father and is set to whatever time it is at his parents' home; they live in different time zones. In essence, he's improvising a GMT/second time zone function. I'm not saying I agree with this, but it was on of the only times where the explanation made any sense. That it had a romantic sentimentality made it a little more acceptable, and the fact that he's an actor is about the only reason why he can get away with it. For the record, Diego Maradona cannot get away with it because he is a jackass.

-hayday

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Not like that. I did it once recently, to help make my decision which one to keep.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Didnt watch it but looks like an interview by a watch blog during basel maybe 2012/13. Pretty sure its just for promo purposes during basel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I just watched this video on Youtube and saw CEO of Omega wearing 2 watches, one on each hand. What do you guys think about that?
I don't know why, but I think it looks a little silly. :)
Very silly in general but if he's a CEO of a watch company, I won't be surprised if he wears one on each ankle as well.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Here's a woman in Jordan with two. Of course the one on the right could be a bracelet that looks like a watch (small disc medallion)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys...

Because he is real watch lover :)

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I wear a Nike Fuel on one wrist and a watch on the other. The Fuel has a watch function but it just looks like a black bracelet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389569301.919054.jpg

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Very silly in general but if he's a CEO of a watch company, I won't be surprised if he wears one on each ankle as well.
He still has room for one more. ;-)

Here's a woman in Jordan with two. Of course the one on the right could be a bracelet that looks like a watch (small disc medallion)

They also appear to be very short-sighted.

Maybe he has double vision?......
4 watches?

My take: Ridiculous. There are a lot of things you can get away with (sports watches with a suit, oversize watches, a watch on the wrong wrist etc.) but this is just silly. Absolutely redundant, you may as well wear two hats.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I guess it really depends on the reason for it. If there is no logical or sentimental reason ( and there are few of those to begin with) it just looks gaudy in my opinion. Seems as if you are just trying to get noticed and doesn't do one of your timepieces justice by being paired with another. A watch on one wrist and bracelets or bands on the other like a fuel always work.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I guess it really depends on the reason for it. If there is no logical or sentimental reason ( and there are few of those to begin with) it just looks gaudy in my opinion. Seems as if you are just trying to get noticed and doesn't do one of your timepieces justice by being paired with another. A watch on one wrist and bracelets or bands on the other like a fuel always work.
It would be like taking two women on a date at one time.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts