WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wear my traditional watches on my left wrist

What do you think of wearing a smart tracker on my right wrist?

1. Ridiculous
2. I can get away with it
3. Doesn't look bad

It's the thinnest tracker bracelet-style I can find.

If anyone had any other SmartBand options for me, please say so.

·
Registered
13,517 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Something I see a lot of people (especially older folks like my self doing), don’t want to give up their watches, but want to have their steps and activities tracked. I wear my new(ish) Fitbit on my left wrist, and my 35 year old sub on my right wrist. Sometimes I’ll even put a black rubber strap on the sub to make them match.

2A9DA28A-8E15-449B-9097-42DED90D0070.jpeg

·
Registered
91 Posts
There's no reason why not.
As someone who works on watches, I know a couple of people who wil 'wrist test' serviced watches on one wrist while wearing their own on the other.

·
Registered
13,517 Posts
Re: Wearing a Fitbit on my right hand

Link not working. Just goes to app download site
My apologies,

I linked to the post instead of the thread.

Fitness band plus analog watch
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=13788&share_tid=4979037&url=https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=4979037&share_type=t&link_source=app

(I’m using Tapatalk, so not sure if this works in a browser).

There are a few other threads as well in the public forum on the same topic, so clearly this habit is starting to take off.

I certainly don’t see an issue with it and think it’s a very practical way to get the best of both worlds.

^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
So many watches, So little time...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I do this all the time too. Found a nice brown leather fitbit holder on Etsy.
I put a regular or smart watch on the left wrist.

Gets weird when you have an Apple watch and a regular watch I think. Perhaps because they are both big.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ended up with a Fitbit inspire HR. Black Friday sale. On the dominant wrist, even with it set in the app, it seems to overinflate statistics, but that's a reasonable trade off for having a SmartBand and a wristwatch.

It's got the silent alarm, call alerts (sometimes I don't feel/hear my iPhone vibrate), reminders and views text messages. Those are my primary needs. The heart rate monitor and steps are useful even if a bit inaccurate. What's more useful is the walking distance stats which I think are linked to the GPS. One bonus is the screen is so bright, it doubles as a weak touch for when I'm in bed looking for something.

I turn off the automatic display, instead setting it to display only when I push the button. I have my wristwatch if I want to glance at the time.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Something I see a lot of people (especially older folks like my self doing), don’t want to give up their watches, but want to have their steps and activities tracked. I wear my new(ish) Fitbit on my left wrist, and my 35 year old sub on my right wrist. Sometimes I’ll even put a black rubber strap on the sub to make them match.

View attachment 14664233

1 - 10 of 10 Posts