WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have any of you guys done this?
040720101079.jpg
I don't like to own more than 3 or 4 watches at a time and this week two of them are en route to fellow WUS members. The battery in my Certina quartz is dead and I'm far too embarrassed to wear my 60mm Chinese irony-piece. Since I feel naked without something on my wrist, I wore my 16mm Brooks Brothers nylon strap by itself, as a bracelet. It's flipped upside-down to display the "Golden Fleece", Brooks' famous logo of a sheep hanging by a ribbon.
It makes me feel like a prep school kid from Nantucket. b-)

·
Registered
510 Posts
View attachment 274260
I don't like to own more than 3 or 4 watches at a time and this week two of them are en route to fellow WUS members. The battery is my Certina quartz is dead and I'm far too embarrassed to wear my 60mm Chinese irony-piece so I wore my 16mm Brooks Brothers nylon strap by itself, as a bracelet. It's flipped upside-down to display the "Golden Fleece", Brooks' famous logo of a sheep hanging by a ribbon.
I guess that depends on why you wear a watch in the first place;-) Is it for show, or to actually know what time it is? I like a little bit of both:-d

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I usually like to wear my Kabala string around my forehead...I might try a Nato sometime, but for now, my wrist wears a watch.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I may continue wearing this band on my right hand to complement a watch on my left.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Nantucket has a prep school? Used to be a nice place to visit

I suppose it looks alright, esp. for the summer.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I will admit to having worn a watch without a battery for a day or two until I could get a replacement battery for it...

Now I can safely say I should have enough watches to have something to wear, so I at least have some form of watch on.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
How about wearing a stainless steel bracelet? You could tie it with a rope and use the deployant to put it on/take it off.

Replace the stainless steel with solid gold and you will have a true winner:-! Nobody will look at your wrist expecting to find a watch attached to it with all that gold wrapped around.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The MoMA had this bracelet called "Timeless." It's not available on their site anymore. I thought it was pretty cool, but I'd rather be wearing a real watch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
View attachment 274260
I don't like to own more than 3 or 4 watches at a time and this week two of them are en route to fellow WUS members. The battery in my Certina quartz is dead and I'm far too embarrassed to wear my 60mm Chinese irony-piece. Since I feel naked without something on my wrist, I wore my 16mm Brooks Brothers nylon strap by itself, as a bracelet. It's flipped upside-down to display the "Golden Fleece", Brooks' famous logo of a sheep hanging by a ribbon.
Brooks Brothers. Very posh and preppy. You'll look like a Madison ave. Ad man.

Willie the Wolf (old Mad ave. ad man)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was on vacation and the watch I took stopped working and just like you I feel naked without a watch on so I wore it anyways for 3 weeks lol. I was asked multiple times what time it was and I had to look like an idiot everytime when I said 'sorry I don't know' lol

·
Registered
633 Posts
I havent done it, but it is a good idea. Better yet, put a watch on it and have a watch on each arm. ;-)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I was on vacation and the watch I took stopped working and just like you I feel naked without a watch on so I wore it anyways for 3 weeks lol. I was asked multiple times what time it was and I had to look like an idiot everytime when I said 'sorry I don't know' lol
I used to wear my Fossil Arkitect chrono all the time with a dead battery.....LOL I just recently really got into watch collecting, and finally got a battery for it, and all the other quartz watches I had, should be good for about a few years now...LOL I prefer automatics though, or windups;-)

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
I've got a spare Nato on me right now. Olive green. Not sure whether to give it a try...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
give it a try Jason |>
Actually I was rocking my black zulo on my right arm yesterday. I put it on just to check something and completely forgot about it. Then when I noticed ( I was out) I didn't even bothered taking it off

·
Registered
510 Posts
The MoMA had this bracelet called "Timeless." It's not available on their site anymore. I thought it was pretty cool, but I'd rather be wearing a real watch.

I would so rock this. I'd tattoo watch hands on my wrist right where the 'invisible watch' is. They'd always be at the 5 o'clock position...;-)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts