• I've considered wearing 2 or more watches in public

Votes: 29 6.3%
  • I wear only 1 watch in private

Votes: 143 31.2%
  • I wear 2 or more watches in private

Votes: 32 7.0%
  • I've considered wearing 2 or more watches in private

Votes: 23 5.0%
  • I smile when I see people wear 2 watches in public.

Votes: 54 11.8%
  • I've tried wearing 2 or more watches in public/private, but it wasn't for me

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I do/would like to wear watches on my ankles. I need professional help

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I wish I had more arms so I can wear more watches. I need professional help.

Votes: 21 4.6%
  • I need professional help, and it has nothing to do with watches.

Votes: 69 15.1%
  • I am clicking this box because the option exists.

Votes: 147 32.1%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
You can choose more than one option. FREAKS. ;-)

Help me choose, for the vote:

When I'm working in the yard (and know I'm not gonna' bang my wrists against something hard), I'll either: 1) wear two of three Citizen Eco-Drives on each wrist if the weather's particularly sunny; or 2) an auto'-wind on each wrist if I haven't worn either for a while.
When I had more autos than I did winders (the former still not a lot; and at the time I had 0 winders anyways), I would wear my fav' model at the time and carry one auto in one front pocket of my pants and another in the other front pocket. Wearing, technically, yes, three watches at one time (time to call Ripley's?).

Heh, 'zat what you're looking for?

I don't know if this practice is necessarily in public or private. My place, private, I guess, but, can see in from the street. So, I dunno.

· Registered
323 Posts
Yep, heh, MMT does the same thing as me, as indicated in his post:

I sometimes wear two automatic non-hand winding watches simultaneously "in private" (at home) in order to wind them . . .
. . . when I mentioned

Help me choose, for the vote:

When I'm working in the yard (and know I'm not gonna' bang my wrists against something hard), I'll either: 1) wear two of three Citizen Eco-Drives on each wrist if the weather's particularly sunny; or 2) an auto'-wind on each wrist if I haven't worn either for a while.
When I had more autos than I did winders (the former still not a lot; and at the time I had 0 winders anyways), I would wear my fav' model at the time and carry one auto in one front pocket of my pants and another in the other front pocket. Wearing, technically, yes, three watches at one time (time to call Ripley's?).
But, uh, yeah, me too, in public - going about town, grocery shopping, work, shopping, whatever - I'll only wear one watch, to clarify.
VERY NICE!
WX1: any watch you "wear" in your pockets is considered worn in private, because no one can see it, even if you're in public.

If you put the watches in your pants pockets, there's not much motion to wind them, because they're too close to your centre of gravity? Do they get wound much?
Thanks for the response DW-5600E.

Regarding keeping a watch in each front side pants pocket, I would make sure the respective watch was positioned so that the weight would easily swing back and forth as I walked (yes, I'd "recalibrate" [heh] how I walked because walking too fast - which DID happen at times, i.e., you folks who live from meeting to meeting in the corporate world know this, heh - might present adverse affects on your watch(es). Heh, well, seemed to be a good idea at the time (again, not having watch winders at that point) and, turned out/proved that it was as the practice did, in fact, kept the watches wound.

Lastly, yeah, while I realize the jovial spirit of the "insane" and other related euphemisms above, yeah, I gotta opine as well that behavioral health ailments, well, they're just something that can happen to anyboty at anytime, you know, wires may not connect on one day and last for a while. No fault of anybody's. One of the things I still remember, and with I agree 100%, from ye olde Psychology 101's the black box notion o' the ol' noggin. We REALLY don't know how the heck it's supposed to work (with good reason -- we, what? Use only 30, 40% of the brain as human beings?) short of saying that it's like a connected electrical network.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.