WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new Breitling Colt. This is my first High end watch. I was wondering if you all wear your breitlings every day or do you only wear them for special occasions? I wear mine all the time and freinds say i'm nuts for wearing such an expensive watch all the time. Thanks

G

·
I wear all my watches, what would be the purpose of owning them otherwise? I try to rotate my pieces but everything gets worn regardless of value.

No you are not nuts, you are enjoying your watch, as you should.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I buy all my watches with the intention of wearing them regardless of price and perceived value. Some are worn regardless of what I'm doing and other depending on the water resistance other than that its fair game.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yep, alternate between both my E & Aerospace, although wear the E when I'm in work, and tend to wear the Aerospace when I'm not.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,409 Posts
Certainly you should wear it as often as you like....

and enjoy it as much as possible. Wearing a nice watch is one of life's little pleasures and you never know how long you'll be able to enjoy that pleasure. ;-)
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Hi.

I wear everyday with an equal pleasure my Cosmo and my Navi World, although the latter is the only worn when working in China (it's a real tool watch).

Cheers,
Brice

·
Registered
398 Posts
Re: Certainly you should wear it as often as you like....

I wear mine everyday. Rotate between a couple, usually choose a SQ like my B1 if I'm golfing, but otherwise, I don't even worry about what I'm doing.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Re: Certainly you should wear it as often as you like....

I wear mine every day & it still makes me smile. I'll never understand those that keep 'em locked up 24/7. Likewise with cars. They were made to be driven not cosseted in an airconditioned cocoon. If I could afford a 250 GTO or whatever, I'd be driving it. Wear your Colt with pride, a big smile and enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Your friends say your nuts for wearing your expensive watches every day.

You have your watches insured I take it?

Do your friends drive the cars, that they paid more for, than you paid for your expensive watch, every day on public roads with other expensive cars going in the opposite direction? I'm sure they do.

What they are really saying is, they wouldn't spend their money on an expensive watch, PERIOD. That they don't understand the people that do because " my quartz Timex keeps as good time as your Breitling etc. etc. yawn yawn.....":roll: and, in fact are possibly slightly green that you have taken the plunge and gone and done what they would like to do, but, because of....how shall I put it.....spouse pressure, have "bottled it" and stuck to the Timex.

I must stress I have no dislike of Timex, I have owned many in the past, and have been extremely pleased with each and every one, I only use the brand as an example of a not quite as expensive a watch as a Breitling.

You wear your Colt every day, with pride, and don't let the cheapskates make you do otherwise.

Just my 2d worth.;-)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Wear it. Enjoy it. Use it but don't abuse it. Once you get another Breitling ( and odds are you will) you'll rotate them and enjoy them both/all. No sense in my mind to spend the amount we spend on watches and not wear them.
Congrats and best wishes,
OB

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I wear my now all alone SA every day, and only alternate between which strap it has on.
If i know i'm going to be doing something really messy or put it in a situation where it could get knocked about badly, i will take it off and stick it in a pocket till the coast is clear again. ;-)

As many have said before,- wear your Colt, & enjoy doing so.

Congratulations on your new purchase also

Nick.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I wear my Aerospace as well as the rest of my "expensive" watches all the time. The only time I don't is when I do physical activity (eg hiking, biking, running) where there is a reasonable risk for damage. Damage to expensive watches can be costly/timeconsuming to fix so I'm not taking chances. For these activities, I have a couple of beater watches (G-Shock, Traser).

And what is expensive is all relative. To someone who ones Pateks, a Breitling maybe their beater watch.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
All of my watches get worn, the Rolex is only worn when I am 'dressed up'. Today is an 'everyday' type day and I am wearing my Omega Seamaster Pro.b-)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too recently bought my first nice watch, Navitimer w/blue dial. I was too scared of dinging it up my first day of work that I didn't wear. Then later that day, I noticed 2 buddies of mine wearing B's.

After seeing that, I've worn it every day since. I've only had it ~3 weeks and I already have a couple of micro scratches on the bracelet, but I bought it to wear it. I do baby it a little when I go flying. If anything, I shouldn't wear it while driving my car. It's worth more than my car is.

I do hope to get another B someday soon. Until then, my Navi is my everyday watch.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

This is a bad photo of me wearing my Steelfish, as I do 5/6 days a week. The Nav I keep for special occasions, the Colt and Skyland are for all other times.
Wear but don't abuse your watches. Enjoy them as life is short and you have no time but the present!!!!!
Best health, Frank

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yellow Emergency on today. It gets regular wear. And I baby it like a winning lottery ticket.

Todd

I'm sporting my E today also Todd :p

The Colt is usually the Everyday choice for knocking around (but not abusing),and i have to rotate the others in to justify owning them ;-)

So wear your B with pride my friend :-!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wear my steelfish almost every day. The only times I don't wear it are when I'm going to be doing a lot of manual labor (yardwork, home repairs, etc).

The way I see it, you'd have to be crazy to not wear it all the time :-!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts