WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I will be in training for our department issued Taser, which I will be shot with, I figured I better wear a tank of a watch, so I am going for the Seal Ti, that is until the SOA shows up, hopefully early...Put it back on the bracelet today!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have a Big Thick DeLaurian Choco strap and a strap changing tool sitting by my keys awaiting the arrival of the SOA tomorrow. And funny thing, I also have my Ti Seal ready for tomorrow for the first part of the day.

Obie.....we are on the same wavelength

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sent you a PM, which should make your SOA purchase even better!

We are on the same wavelength, as I have a Delaurian Black Widow strap sitting out also!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Been going back and forth between my newly-arrived TSAR

and Seal on rubber band today.

Can't make my mind up and both are awesome.

James

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
James,

I like that rubber strap. How does it compare to the bracelet?

And I also had a Marathon GSAR, which is about the best bang for the buck in automatic dive watches IMHO...

·
Registered
301 Posts
James,

And I also had a Marathon GSAR, which is about the best banh for the buck in automatic dive watches IMHO...
I agree with you on the GSAR comment...

I'll be wearing this tomorrow as I am waiting patiently on the SOA as well...:-!

·
Banned
3,758 Posts
I agree with you on the GSAR comment...

I'll be wearing this tomorrow as I am waiting patiently on the SOA as well...:-!

Hey Pete,

I am looking at the picture you posted on the SMG-1 and wondering if I am actually seeing a helium relief valve on the side by the crown? Mine did not have one and I did not know that they put them on the newer version.

By the way for you SOA buyers; I was over at the Kobold office the other day and they are very busy putting the final assembly touches on them for you guys. I saw about thirty or forty of them on the final assembly table, getting ready to go out. Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
James,

And I also had a Marathon GSAR, which is about the best bang for the buck in automatic dive watches IMHO...
Warren,

I love the rubber band. It's really flexible and yet does not wobble with a heavy case on it, which is my key criteria for a rubber band.

As for the TSARs/GSARs from Marathon, I am going to put mine through a week of diving down in the south Atlantic starting this coming Sunday and will let everyone on the dive forum know how it turns out. But I think, based on my conversations with SAR Techs here in Canada, they absolutely swear buy it, so I'm pretty confident.

James

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey Pete,

I am looking at the picture you posted on the SMG-1 and wondering if I am actually seeing a helium relief valve on the side by the crown? Mine did not have one and I did not know that they put them on the newer version.

By the way for you SOA buyers; I was over at the Kobold office the other day and they are very busy putting the final assembly touches on them for you guys. I saw about thirty or forty of them on the final assembly table, getting ready to go out. Merry Christmas!
Vince,

Yes indeed a He Escape Valve. I was curious about myself, but never questioned it. I love the newer version BTW. I do think the AM/PM indicator on the older SMG's is a great feature...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts