WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Weird to me, anyway! And no, this isn't a complaint thread cause my watch arrived at least two days before I expected it to - always a good thing! (y) :D

So what happened - had a Mudmaster coming to me all the way from the Mid-East! Naturally I was paying attention to the tracking. It arrived in the U.S. yesterday, passed Customs and made it to my local delivery area in Pittsburgh.

This is where it gets weird. Tracking then said "Forwarded for delivery." I thought that meant that it was forwarded to the DHL delivery folks for a Monday delivery... But, no!!!

Happened to check tracking today and it said it was delivered! But I was home and nobody came to the door. Quickly went out to the mailbox and sure enough, it was there! But HOW??!! Guess what - DHL forwarded it to USPS, where it had Priority Mail 2-day service!!! 馃槻馃槻 Whaaaaaaatttt????!!! I've had a number of DHL deliveries before, but never had this happen. (I would have preferred that USPS ask for a signature though, for more security)

But overall, not complaining. I would have had to wait till Monday if DHL were delivering it on its final leg. Happy it came today!

Liking the watch, too!! (for the 2nd time!) 馃槀馃槀 One of the most easily legible Gs that are made, IMO. GWG-1000-1A1

Registered
Great Muddie @Time4Playnow. When I get round to replacing my 1a3er, it鈥檒l be this variant.

Wear it in good health.

Registered
I had one coming from Hong Kong that, on the online tracking thingy, said that it was delayed or detained in customs (I forget the word they used). Then there was a pop-up saying that DHL needed "more information" from me. I was busy, so I didn't get around to it, and a couple days later, it showed up.

Registered
First off, I'm glad that beauty got to you safely, T4P. Congrats again. I also gotta give props to DHL for quickly and smoothly delivering a handful of watches in recent weeks from Japan and Dubai. Most Japanese sellers who normally use Japan Post are turning to DHL during the pandemic and I've had zero issues with the transition.

Reactions: Time4Playnow

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #8
My experiences so far with them have been okay. It sucks that you had to go through this.
Nah, it didn't suck. Again it was different from what I'd been used to, but it actually worked very well. And as I said, anytime you get a watch two days SOONER than you would have otherwise, it's hard to not be happy about that! ;) (y)(y)

Reactions: swissra and kubr1ck

Registered
Happy that you G arrived sooner than expected via DHL. It's great when Christmas comes early! The watch that I have arriving from Japan via DHL was held at customs. Oddly, I had to pay import tax once it got to customs (I live in the US). Now the watch is being held by DHL until the end of the weekend. I'm guessing the delay at customs was too long and the watch missed the Friday flight. I'll be happy as long as it gets here safely. Still bummed about the import tax as it seems like it was about 5% of MSRP.

Registered
Happy that you G arrived sooner than expected via DHL. It's great when Christmas comes early! The watch that I have arriving from Japan via DHL was held at customs. Oddly, I had to pay import tax once it got to customs (I live in the US). Now the watch is being held by DHL until the end of the weekend. I'm guessing the delay at customs was too long and the watch missed the Friday flight. I'll be happy as long as it gets here safely. Still bummed about the import tax as it seems like it was about 5% of MSRP.
Is the watch over 1K? That only happened to me once with an MR-G that was close to 3K.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #14
Got the same service from DHL a few times now; latest also for my new 1A3 from "Dealsguru" - man, lightening fast service !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's the seller I used. All good! Btw, that's a beautiful dog!! (y)

Registered
I recently bought a watch on eBay and it was shipping from Japan via DHL. I was very eager to get it as early as possible but tracking said it was estimated to deliver on a Monday. However on Friday late afternoon it said it was with the courier. I was hoping it would be delivered on Friday even if it鈥檚 late night. No show. Weird enough, I think the courier guy brought it home overnight and it eventually was delivered to me Saturday around noon.

I was happy overall the shipping was fast (about 5 days from Japan to me), but never saw any delivery guy brought work to home for an overnight before. That鈥檚 what I feel weird.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts