899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had this problem:

watch for sale in sales forum.

price was $85.

buyer sends me $80 w/ no explenation.

i email buyer asking what's up.

waiting for response.

is this NORMAL? seems pretty strange to me.

·
Registered
521 Posts
A) he made a simple mistake or is incredibly naive.

B) he's a jailhouse lawyer type who thinks that by you accepting the money (by receiving it through paypal) he's legally locked you into a deal.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
actually it's a postal money order. i know he had to pay cash to get it, but once he replies to me, i'm gonna tell him i'm going to wait to cash it until i get the other $5.

edit:
buyer responded. sending cash. yay!

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
I recently sold a watch for $1500. The buyer sent me a Moneygram for $5000 by mistake. He told me to keep $1500, plus another 2% for my trouble since HE made the mistake, and wire the balance to his bank account after I ship the watch. ;-)

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
I had a case where the guy sent me money via paypal gift option (so no address comes up) then just disappeared for a day I believe.

In the mean time, I was sending him e-mails asking where to send the watch to.

He got back to me later and told me that he just stepped out and got busy.

So, happens.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I recently sold a watch for $1500. The buyer sent me a Moneygram for $5000 by mistake. He told me to keep $1500, plus another 2% for my trouble since HE made the mistake, and wire the balance to his bank account after I ship the watch. ;-)
I hope you are joking! (hence the ;-))

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thats a genuine con-trick i am led to believe.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I once inadvertently overpaid using PayPal by $1. A few days later, I received a watch... and a dollar bill! There are good people to deal with out there. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts