WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Dear all,

Watchuseek is proud and excited to be chosen by Eberhard & Co. to hold their Champion V Watch Forum Challenge. The competition is open to registered members of the main Forums in the international watchmaking sector.

Members will be invited through this Forum to test their creativity and imagination by customizingthe bezel, dial and strap of one of the most famous timepieces in the collection of Eberhard &Co., the model Champion V, following the aesthetic and technical specifications containedwithin the tables that will be made available in a special section of the Eberhard & Co. website from October 12012.

Entries may be posted until 30 November 2012. Forum members can vote in the period between 5th and 15th December 2012.

Their preferences will be taken for the selection of the four best projects from each Forum,admitting them to a technical jury, convened by Eberhard & Co., who will elect the 3 finalistprojects without right of appeal. The jury will be composed of four international journalistsfrom the watch industry and the creative director of Eberhard & Co.

The names of the three finalists will be announced through web channels; their alias, theforum and the nation to which they belong will be communicated.

The selection of the winner will be determined in a final by Eberhard & Co. without right of appeal and will be announced during the Baselworld 2013 International Exhibition at the company stand (date to be determined). The best works will be exhibited on a display inside the stand.

The winner will be awarded a Champion V watch, made according to their own customized version (if compatible with the manufacturing processes), or otherwise another model in theChampion V collection. The second prize winner will receive a watch model Traversetolo Vitré, while the third prize will be a watch model Traversetolo.

The top 10 entries in the pre-selection stage of each forum will receive a free ticket to the exhibition Baselworld 2013, together with a privileged access pass at the stand of Eberhard &Co.

Stay tuned!

Related link: :::Eberhard:::

·
Registered
8 Posts
Eberhard & Co. thanks you for the warm enthusiasm and participation in CHAMPION V WATCH FORUM CHALLENGE.

Some browsers generated technical mistakes during the registration process. If these problems persist, please contact directly the following address [email protected] to proceed with your registration and receive the instruction to access the technical material. We remain at your entire disposal for further inforamtion.

Thanking you in advance for your attention, we send you our warmest regards.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My name is Joshua and I hereby present my Champion V Watch Forum Challenge Personalization.

The design I would like to present is a two-tone design that incorporates classic details with modern styling. Grey and red were my chosen pallet as I believe it conveys a strong sportiness and lasting relevance. The bezel has a subtle Côtes de Genève underneath a translucent grey epoxy with brushed numeral inserts. This demonstrates classic elements in a modern way. The typeface used for the numerals is a slightly more stylized Sans Serif font adding a hint of uniqueness. Moving inward, the Tachymeter ring is a flat silver-grey with tone on tone scale numerals and red markers. These red markers are colored lume for increased readability in the dark. The minute markers on the outside ring are pad printed flat silver-grey to continue the tone inward. They are also tipped with lume. The markers are thin to give the dial some breathing room and keep it from becoming too cluttered with all that is already going on with the dial. The background of the dial is a thin piece of slate, though this could be an applied print on a standard plate dial. The running seconds subdial was made large to allow again for space and to create something that opens up the face. This subdial is inset into the dial face and bordered by a tapered, flat silver-grey ring, and on the top level a red border extends the subdial outward. All markers are again a pad printed flat silver-grey. The Champion V logo takes up real estate in the expansive subdial.

On the opposite side of the dial above the date window sits the Eberhard & Co logo again in a pad printed flat silver-grey. The date window and date disc was kept original to aid in readability as tone on tone becomes more difficult to understand in the window. The minutes and hours subdials are a departure from standard subdials in that they utilize a cutout in the shape of the Swiss Cross and are only delineated at the interior corners. This allows the inset dials to give complexity without crowding or adding confusion to the dial. The markers for these dials are also a pad printed flat silver-grey. Around the subdials are small round markers that complete the scale but don’t clutter up the area. The text on all subdials is in the French language as a nod to classic Watchmaking including the standard Swiss Made on the bottom of the main dial. Another added element is the addition of the numeral V at 5 o’clock to add emphasis to the fact that this is in truth a Champion V watch. The hands on the subdial also are tipped with lume for extra readability. The strap has simply been changed to a light charcoal grey to compliment the multiple grey tones in this watch. Overall I think the design is fun, classic, stylish, and unique and I hope you enjoy my take on the Eberhard Champion V.

JMunchow - Final Layout - Champion V Watch Forum Challenge Entry.jpg

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Here is mine!

My idea for this custom Eberhard Champion V edition was to create a classic watch, inspired by art-deco architecture. A modern time instruments with a retro touch, elegant yet functional.

I deliberately avoided large numerals and markers to keep the style minimalist. The dial and bezel use structured layers of bronze and steel, with radial and satin brushing. The dodecagonal bronze bezel insert has a soft oxidation. The whole design is both vintage and modern.

The watch is on a rugged leather strap, to add a bit of masculinity.

ENS-Eberhard-ChampionV-Small.jpg

High resolution previews were sent to Eberhard through WeTransfer, as indicated in the rules.

Good luck to all.

·
Registered
415 Posts
just finished my design and wanted to post it here.
i wanted to follow the more traditional essence of the Champion V watch, but give it a more modern and automotive racing feel to it.
The bezel is a gloss ceramic to keep it from getting scratches and the body is in brushed steel.
I added a carbon fiber dial to add to "weight reduction" as is done in automotive racing, but kept the subdials in traditional sunburst blue for differentiation.
Hands are in yellow for optimized time telling against the blue carbon fiber dials, and the leather strap is in blue to match the blue theme of the watch

I hope you enjoy my design and good luck to all!

·
Registered
391 Posts
How did you guys get everything exactly in perspective like that? Am I missing something?

I downloaded 39 files from the ftp they mailed me. Does it somehow work together or something?

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's great to see some awesome designs! Way to step up everyone!

Dsaat - There are many ways to achieve that look, either by producing each part at a slightly biased angle, or you can simply design it flat and then skew the dial when setting it in the watch face. All of it depends on the programs used to produce the design. I believe if you use Photoshop Elements you can skew an image to make it appear slightly in perspective.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Here is my entry.

This design is all about the functionality of the mechanical chronograph function of the Champion V. As you can see the secondhand of the chrono reaches the white seconds lines on the inner inset of the dial. Sinds it's a mechanical chronograph de inner bezel indicates 10th of seconds on the watch dial. This gives the watch an extra function. For even more functionality the bezel of the watch has an tachymetre scale on it.

I really like the Black & White + Red look of champion V's original design. This is why used the same colorscheme only witch my personal touch in it. Dark/black subdial on a white face really make the watch stand out.

See my Personalization below.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts