WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
Sinn | Seiko | Damasko | Certina | Tag Heuer | Frederic Constant | Squale | NTH | Glycine | Citizen
Hello fellow Damasko watch owners-I have a question. I purchased a DK30 last month and the watch is performing terribly, most recently losing 30 seconds in one day, I reset it in the morning and by early afternoon it had already lost 5 seconds. I rarely notice the rotor spinning, and know that a watch performs best when fully wound. Do they need to be hand wound daily? What has been everyone鈥檚 experience with these watches re: their accuracy?

FWIW I set the watch to the time displayed at time.gov and will check it periodically, I don鈥檛 own a timegrapher but IMHO measuring a watch accuracy in a static setting does not provide the full picture.

Thanks for any insight!!

Registered
Damasko DS 30
Sorry to see your experience edogg. I have a DS-30 and it is without a doubt the most accurate automatic I鈥檝e ever owned. I have the eta movement. Is yours the new A-26? I wear mine 24/7 so it stays wound. If you don鈥檛 wear yours all day try giving it 25 turns on the crown each morning and check the results again after a day or two.
If you haven鈥檛 owned it for very long I don鈥檛 know if I would take mine to just a watch repair place. I would check with Damasko first ( they are quick to respond to emails. Their address is on their website ) or maybe RGM for their opinion.

Moderator Emeritus
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Sorry to see your experience edogg. I have a DS-30 and it is without a doubt the most accurate automatic I鈥檝e ever owned. I have the eta movement. Is yours the new A-26? I wear mine 24/7 so it stays wound. If you don鈥檛 wear yours all day try giving it 25 turns on the crown each morning and check the results again after a day or two.
If you haven鈥檛 owned it for very long I don鈥檛 know if I would take mine to just a watch repair place. I would check with Damasko first ( they are quick to respond to emails. Their address is on their website ) or maybe RGM for their opinion.
If he says he got a DK30 it is of course equiped with the A26-1.There鈥榮 no DS 30 with A26 I鈥榙 know of.

Registered
Sinn | Seiko | Damasko | Certina | Tag Heuer | Frederic Constant | Squale | NTH | Glycine | Citizen
Thanks for the feedback gents!

I did reach out to my AD and he was quick to respond and offered to look at it.
Another thing I noticed was that the reserve was not lasting 38 hours or so. I know with the A26 they upgraded the rotor action with ball bearings and I think that is the culprit-it鈥檚 tough to spin.
I have been winding it daily and found that it鈥檚 about +3spd which is nothing to complain about!!!

I think I will keep it for awhile, still have plenty of warranty and like I said the ADis ready, willing and able to help. I feel like some watches just need 鈥渂reak in鈥 time and I stinking love the watch!!!

BTW - that AD is Greg from Watchmann, I can鈥檛 say enough good things about him and the service he provides.
Cheers All! Enjoy these beautiful German works of art!

Registered
I'm not sure what this little piece is called in English.

I lost the little "thumb" on the clasp of my buckle for my Damasko DA36A. Do you think it's possible to order just this one small piece without ordering a whole bracelet (France) ?

Thanks

Premium Member
I'm not sure what this little piece is called in English.

I lost the little "thumb" on the clasp of my buckle for my Damasko DA36A. Do you think it's possible to order just this one small piece without ordering a whole bracelet (France) ?

Thanks
Email Damasko or a local dealer and they can tell you. You could also take this oppurunity to order the Damasko bracelet for this watch and you would never have to worry about that little piece again.

Moderator Emeritus
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Die DS 30 ist jetzt wieder auf der Website...
As has been announced by Damasko.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts