WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Welcome to the new Damasko Uhren Forum on WatchUSeek

19K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  k_bal 
#1 · (Edited)

Since Damasko has launched its first watch - the Damasko DC 56 - WatchUseek has always been supporting this small brand and accompanied the developments down in Barbing. That's why the WatchUseek team is more than happy to announce that Damasko eventually took the plunge and decided to open an official forum here on WUS.

Not to start with a blank forum we already copied/moved some threads, reviews and images to the new destination. If you want to have other threads moved over to this please please srop me a PM or email and the job will be done immediately.

So we've had enough of words, let's enjoy the new forum. Make it a vivid and entertaining one.

Thank you.

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#16 ·
Just found this form and recently bought a DK 105 Anthracite. I tested it for rate and find its very good but especially on isochronism. Difference in rate 30 hours down is within 1 sec per day of rates fully wound.

Since this is a waterproof watch I went to a steel bracelet. Damasko does nto make bracelets for this model and filing an ice hardened end link had no appeal so I bought an Uncle Seiko and I think it looks pretty good.

Watch Analog watch Silver Gesture Clock

UNcle Seiko is great to work with. This is the Z199 SKX 6309 7528 (22mm). It is not as nice as teh DAmasko but it also costs a lot less and it is very good . The push pins are bit too large to fit the lug. I have a tool to fix this but you may need special push pins for this combination.

#24 ·
Hello fellow Damasko watch owners-I have a question. I purchased a DK30 last month and the watch is performing terribly, most recently losing 30 seconds in one day, I reset it in the morning and by early afternoon it had already lost 5 seconds. I rarely notice the rotor spinning, and know that a watch performs best when fully wound. Do they need to be hand wound daily? What has been everyone’s experience with these watches re: their accuracy?

FWIW I set the watch to the time displayed at time.gov and will check it periodically, I don’t own a timegrapher but IMHO measuring a watch accuracy in a static setting does not provide the full picture.

Thanks for any insight!!

#26 ·
Sorry to see your experience edogg. I have a DS-30 and it is without a doubt the most accurate automatic I’ve ever owned. I have the eta movement. Is yours the new A-26? I wear mine 24/7 so it stays wound. If you don’t wear yours all day try giving it 25 turns on the crown each morning and check the results again after a day or two.
If you haven’t owned it for very long I don’t know if I would take mine to just a watch repair place. I would check with Damasko first ( they are quick to respond to emails. Their address is on their website ) or maybe RGM for their opinion.

#27 ·
Sorry to see your experience edogg. I have a DS-30 and it is without a doubt the most accurate automatic I’ve ever owned. I have the eta movement. Is yours the new A-26? I wear mine 24/7 so it stays wound. If you don’t wear yours all day try giving it 25 turns on the crown each morning and check the results again after a day or two.
If you haven’t owned it for very long I don’t know if I would take mine to just a watch repair place. I would check with Damasko first ( they are quick to respond to emails. Their address is on their website ) or maybe RGM for their opinion.
If he says he got a DK30 it is of course equiped with the A26-1.There‘s no DS 30 with A26 I‘d know of.

#28 ·
Thanks for the feedback gents!

I did reach out to my AD and he was quick to respond and offered to look at it.
Another thing I noticed was that the reserve was not lasting 38 hours or so. I know with the A26 they upgraded the rotor action with ball bearings and I think that is the culprit-it’s tough to spin.
I have been winding it daily and found that it’s about +3spd which is nothing to complain about!!!

I think I will keep it for awhile, still have plenty of warranty and like I said the ADis ready, willing and able to help. I feel like some watches just need “break in” time and I stinking love the watch!!!

BTW - that AD is Greg from Watchmann, I can’t say enough good things about him and the service he provides.
Cheers All! Enjoy these beautiful German works of art!

#35 ·
As has been announced by Damasko.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.