WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
everyone seems to be doing it, then i figured, why not me ? everyone should have at least a piece of the history. i got mine. its not a frog but this is all i can afford at the moment. introducing the GW5525-1C

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
nice watch

·
Registered
646 Posts
Nice watch :-! its on my list to buy when i have the cash

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
That's the attitude, Mansrow! :-!

I think that the Black Dawn series are among the most elegant G-Shocks because of the contrast between the golden LCD display and the black bezel.

The dog tag is a cool plus.

How are you liking it?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Congrats, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I've put mine back
in the tin to save it for awhile.
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
184 Posts
Whew! That was close. Almost lost a Mudman guy to the Frog side. :-d
This new one is really nice- clean, simple, and very impressive. :-!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whew! That was close. Almost lost a Mudman guy to the Frog side. :-d
This new one is really nice- clean, simple, and very impressive. :-!
once a Mudman, always a Mudman. unless of course, a frog suddenly appears on my wrist, then thats a whole different story, but a Mudman I shall remain.

i just realized that the gw5525 only have one 3 second illumination. cant set it to 5 seconds like my others. besides that, it got a multiband 5 and solar. thats all im asking for in a 25th anni while keeping the old skool appearance. :-!

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Congratulations on getting a 25th watch.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
froggie or muddie. always debated which way to go. honestly, ive never seen a froggie personally. its all online pics. froggie is so obsolete that it is now considered as endangered species. soon, real soon.

as for wrist time, its getting NONE. yeah, u heard it right the first time, NONE !!!! its a piece of history. it shall remain unwrist. im guessing its as comfortable as the white one. for the same price as the white one, i get many more function for the black one.

truth to be told, the gold lcd is not as 'golden' as i thought. need to compare with the 25th froggie and muddie.

to those who havent get any 25th, the GW5525 is highly recommended for its function and price. oh yeah, the dog tag is hella heavy. u can kill a bull if u swing the tag at it. you have been WARNED !!!!

·
7,946 Posts
dun mind me, just want to try some photo shoot. need lots of practice.
Getting some practice for the Frogman purchase? :-!

Seriously though, that is a nice watch. I wasn't nuts about it at first, but it quickly grew on my, so you have exacted your revenge!!! I will most likely make the purchase tomorrow. I look forward to taking down some cows with that dogtag. :-d

Looks like my 2 week old 5600 is going up for sale....never got the wristtime it deserved, I tried to like it, I really did, but it just wasn't a Dawn Black.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts

That is a very cool photo!

:-!

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why, thank you so much, Klaus & Topher. if you guys have any advice, ill take it. still learning how to take great photos.:-!

Getting some practice for the Frogman purchase? :-!

Seriously though, that is a nice watch. I wasn't nuts about it at first, but it quickly grew on my, so you have exacted your revenge!!! I will most likely make the purchase tomorrow. I look forward to taking down some cows with that dogtag. :-d

Looks like my 2 week old 5600 is going up for sale....never got the wristtime it deserved, I tried to like it, I really did, but it just wasn't a Dawn Black.

Dougie, Dougie, Dougie.......get the GW5525 and we'll
. you have to wait longer till i get the frog. so, ure not keeping the 5600? looks like a keeper, but wat do i know, i tend to keep everything. thats why im so broke.

·
7,946 Posts
Dougie, Dougie, Dougie.......get the GW5525 and we'll
. you have to wait longer till i get the frog. so, ure not keeping the 5600? looks like a keeper, but wat do i know, i tend to keep everything. thats why im so broke.
Well, it's a GREAT looking watch, I like the way it looks, but I have large wrists, and it dosen't really have a lot of presence the way my entire collection does. It doesn't have that chunky larger size G-Shock feel to it even though it is one of the originals.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, it's a GREAT looking watch, I like the way it looks, but I have large wrists, and it dosen't really have a lot of presence the way my entire collection does. It doesn't have that chunky larger size G-Shock feel to it even though it is one of the originals.
totally understood what you meant. G-Shock should be big, not extremely huge though to be felt its presence from far away. i just regretted that only now that i started collecting them. such a [email protected]

1 - 20 of 60 Posts