WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wore my new Longines to work today. I always thought that the blue “wings” that release the watch band by the buckle were blue, just like the base of the crown. I thought it looked kind of strange, but felt I could live with it. So I’m driving to run an errand after work and look down at my watch……and this is what I saw. Yep, I feel stupid 🤣🤣🤣 Clearly not part of the design.
Hand Body jewelry Human body Gesture Finger

·
Registered
634 Posts
Yeah, they make them blue so you know it's a sticker. There's probably other, clear stickers on the interior of the clasp unless you pulled them. Kinda neat how they're able to apply all those tiny stickers. Placed so perfect, it's hard to tell they're there.

They need to color all of them blue.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I always leave them on as I never wear the OEM strap. I put my own - strap, nato, or bracelet on.
It means that when I come to sell it, which usually happens sooner rather than later. It's much more attractive to potential buyers, as it has an unworn strap.
It's like, who wants to wear second hand clothes? It's similar with leather straps. It also gives an air of newness to the watch.

I like that Longines 👍

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
So I wore my new Longines to work today. I always thought that the blue “wings” that release the watch band by the buckle were blue, just like the base of the crown. I thought it looked kind of strange, but felt I could live with it. So I’m driving to run an errand after work and look down at my watch……and this is what I saw. Yep, I feel stupid Clearly not part of the design. View attachment 16121121
Never underestimate power of the blue plastic

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, they make them blue so you know it's a sticker. There's probably other, clear stickers on the interior of the clasp unless you pulled them. Kinda neat how they're able to apply all those tiny stickers. Placed so perfect, it's hard to tell they're there.

They need to color all of them blue.
Oh, every little bit was hermetically sealed!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I've definitely come across random stickers on watches months into ownership.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
when the Nissan Leaf first started showing up I thought the owners had forgotten to remove that plastic cover from the emblem on the front of the car, until I saw a bunch of them that all looked the same way and realized that's the actual color.

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
I had a new watch that irritated the skin on my wrist more than any other watch I owned. One day, I had the watch off and started scratching the caseback only to realize I had not removed the plastic protective plastic from the caseback. It was clear, not blue. That's my only defense.

·
Premium Member
9,659 Posts
I would only feel stupid if I posted the fact I had overlooked taking the protective plastic cover off. Anyways, lesson learned and enjoy your new Longines.

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
17,370 Posts
I often leave protective plastic on things....because protective

It drives so many people crazy

So yeah, I do it because it is protective.....and it is funny to watch eyes twitch over the plastic still on the computer monitor

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
The one I usually forget is the one covering the case back. I've gone weeks before I noticed something sticking out between the case and my arm, only to realize what it is, and the mental "Oh yeah...."

Reactions: AnnieVan

·
Registered
14,927 Posts
LOL! Classic.

But you have the humility to post this for comedic relief and that’s what matters. Cool watch btw.

Reactions: jacgul and AnnieVan
1 - 20 of 69 Posts